Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Reader for business use (board members)

I am evaluating several possible readers for use with our board members. I need something with extremely long battery life and is light weight so e-ink or equivalent is a must (table pcs are too much of a management issue, os battery life etc)

I need one as close to a full size US letter size for pdfs as possible
wifi and or 3g

here is the big one, annotation (pdf's and other) The board needs to be able to mark up the documents (I was looking at the Que, but I was unsure if you could annotate on it - I am thinking typeing on a soft keyboard is a fail - if you can write with your finger that would be fine - I could even get them one of those capacitive pens that are on the market for more precise writing.)

http://www.eforcity.com/3pack-univer...f090605=255980

I would also be happy with a wacom layer for annotation

Ideally I would like to be able to send them documents wirelessly for the board meetings

Which one would you recommend?
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
You want to be able to secure the documents or device as well correct? Then I think currently your choices are Que or Irex 1000s . However I am not sure of the security of the Irex. One of the IRex users will post soon I'm sure.

You can annotate on either. The Irex is wacom. I actually wrote notes on the Que with my finger and the "soft keyboard" at CES You can "mark up" the document, scribble on the document or make digital "post its" that are stuck to the document all of which can be exported with the document.

Of course Brother also has the SV-100 http://translate.googleusercontent.c...DYlokbtib_Ldjg and the new sv-70 http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8 which are both large size ereaders with security in mind. The cost more than the Irex and are only being sold in Japan. I am sure tho that if you were going to order several for a board they would make a deal.

All have a "print to" function and Que has other wireless sync methods for document/email etc transfer

Que will be the most durable.

video showing the sticky note and other business doc uses of the Que

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyPDjKhWQXM

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 02-26-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert