Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
jcarlos
jcarlos began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
slow loading of images on my jetbook

hi,

just got my jetbook a few weeks ago and need help here, i got problems reading pdf which contains lots of pictures, it loads to slow, it takes like an average of 3 min then i can read the next page, is there a way to handle this problem or this is just normal, should i really resize or just crop it or lower the resolution of my pdf, if yes, how do you do it and what software would you recommend or should i just convert my pdf to another format??? pls give me some good advice
thanks
jcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
PDFs files will typically give any Reader problems, since they are sized (most of them) to be 8 1/2 x 11.

The whole problem is also exacerbated due to the small form factor.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-13-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: "are"
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
My PDF's load fine, but I have them custom sized for the jetBook page. The best way I've found to resize larger PDF's is a program called PDFCropper. Unfortunately it is a bit pricey ($30 I think). The trial version leaves watermarks. I end up using PDFCropper to find the dimensions I need and some other scripts I wrote to do the cropping (via PDFill PDF Tools).
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Is it possible to convert PDF files to ePub via Calibre? I have many illustrated books in ePub format and almost no delays when I press page down button.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote