Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
b0n1
b0n1 began at the beginning.

Device: non
Viewing scientific pdfs with sony prs 700

Hi all,

I have finally got my sony prs 700 and unfortunately recognized that viewing pdfs is not that as i thought. Its actually just one problem : Its just way too small . I use the reader actually only for viewing scientific math and physics papers, that are usually pdfs. I think that converting them into other formats wont help because they cant view the mathematical symbols and for example matrizes, can they? I think i would be satisfied if i could only cut these huge left and right boundaries away. I mean you can do this by zooming, so maybe its not that difficult to change the whole pdf a bit so that the boundaries do not appear. Actually i could zoom in every page but thats too annoying and it would be better to just print them. Also the change of orientation is not that helpfull because you just lose the overview .

So my question is:

How can i view those scientific math and physics pdfs best on my sony prs 700?

Thx a lot

b0n1
b0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I suggest trying soPdf. Another option is PDFCropper.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #3
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
What the poster above me said, and: try changing the orientation in your reader, so you hold it sideways. That should make it a lot more readable
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote