Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Belgrc
Belgrc began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX T76ML Carta+
Help! Onyx Boox T76ML No device Connected

Help! Onyx Boox T76ML Carta+ "No device Connected"

After the upgrade it's impossible to start my T76ML Carta+

Now my device doesn't work anymore, Windows 10 doesn't recognize it (no drivers?), so it's impossible to start the process with mfgtool2 tool (it says "No device Connected", when T76ML is in "download" mode).
I tried to install the ADB-tool, but it just says: 'device not found' with the adb command 'adb reboot':
C: \\ adb \\ adb> adb reboot
error: device not found
I don't know what to do now
Belgrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Have you try to factory reset? I think is .... With the device off, pressing and holding the back button, an then while you are still holding press the power button till the device reacts... You have to hold the back button till the menu for reset starts
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
Belgrc

First I must say I'm Russian, so excuse me if I do not write in English properly

Quote:
pressing and holding the back button, an then while you are still holding press the power button till the device reacts
This step is made

"Just re-boot your device in this mode using a special buttons combination: Press PgDn (<) + PgUp (>) + power button for 3-4 seconds."
This step is made

"Hard Reset - disconnect the battery for a few minutes."
This step is made

my device doesn't work.
I do not know what to do now
Old 10-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrc View Post
Help! Onyx Boox T76ML Carta+ "No device Connected"

After the upgrade it's impossible to start my T76ML Carta+

Now my device doesn't work anymore, Windows 10 doesn't recognize it (no drivers?), so it's impossible to start the process with mfgtool2 tool (it says "No device Connected", when T76ML is in "download" mode).
I tried to install the ADB-tool, but it just says: 'device not found' with the adb command 'adb reboot':
C: \\ adb \\ adb> adb reboot
error: device not found
I don't know what to do now
I don't know where you got your upgrade files, but you obviously have flashed wrong upgrade (e.g. one of our t68 upgrades, which are not compatible with T76ML Carta)

Here you can download proper package and try to recover your device: http://ereader-store.de/DATA/T68/T76...4a358b_eng.zip
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
Belgrc

"Just re-boot your device in this mode using a special buttons combination: Press PgDn (<) + PgUp (>) + power button for 3-4 seconds."
This step is made

To upgrade, you must connect

What do I need to see the book
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reset starts.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	159592   Click image for larger version

Name:	MfgTool2 Fehler.png
Views:	399
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	159593   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADB Fehler.png
Views:	401
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	159594  
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
Belgrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I don't know where you got your upgrade files, but you obviously have flashed wrong upgrade (e.g. one of our t68 upgrades, which are not compatible with T76ML Carta)

Here you can download proper package and try to recover your device: http://ereader-store.de/DATA/T68/T76...4a358b_eng.zip
To upgrade, you must connect to a PC

What do I need to see the book on the PC
Old 10-22-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
To upgrade, you must connect to a PC

What do I need to see the book on the PC
The `adb` will not find your device - that is Android level, only after Android booted.

You need to start the device to the bootloader («Press PgDn (<) + PgUp (>) + power button for 3-4 seconds»).

Connect it to Windows through the USB cable - Windows should recognize it, MfgTool should see it.

EDIT: I hope what I wrote is accurate, I only used MfgTool once.

Last edited by mdp; 10-22-2017 at 03:58 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #8
Belgrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
The `adb` will not find your device - that is Android level, only after Android booted.

You need to start the device to the bootloader («Press PgDn (<) + PgUp (>) + power button for 3-4 seconds»).

Connect it to Windows through the USB cable - Windows should recognize it, MfgTool should see it.

EDIT: I hope what I wrote is accurate, I only used MfgTool once.
As I mentioned above
post #5 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...10&postcount=5
Unfortunately, it did not help
Old 10-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #9
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
As I mentioned above
Yes, but it is not clear:
you cannot see the bootloader on the device, or
you can see the bootloader, but the device is not seen by Windows or MfgTools?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #10
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
As I mentioned above
post #5 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...10&postcount=5
Unfortunately, it did not help
Once strted in download mode, try to connect your Boox to different USB ports on your PC. I experienced similar troubles with USB 3.1 from time to time.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #11
nneo
nneo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Book T76ML Carta+
Quote:

Is this for T76ML Carta Plus ?
Is there update method of this firmware ?
Why you put T76ML firmware into T68 folder
nneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #12
Belgrc

Quote:
Once strted in download mode, try to connect your Boox to different USB ports on your PC. I experienced similar troubles with USB 3.1 from time to time.
I connected Boox to different USB ports and different PC. no difference.
1. reaction Boox - indicator lights
2. reaction Windows - without reactions (no device)
Old 10-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #13
Belgrc

Quote:
Zitat von cicabum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...62&postcount=6
AnneT, i had the same problem: Windows 7 didn't recognize my device ("No device Connected" when T68 was in "download" mode), so i couldn't use mfgtool2 tool. My device works now with Booxtor Edition, but don't forget that "If you apply this tool to a Lynx, it will be changed to a T68 UHDML (without Polish bookshop, Polish dictionaries, Ivona TTS etc... ). Also warranty of Artatech (Lynx devices only) could be affected." For the solution it's better you contact direct Booxtor, because i don't know to describe the process. If you have seen my old video, you just know how my ebook reader was. Have a look my device now > http://youtu.be/yP4dABl8Vd8
?contact direct Booxtor? post 01.12.14, 20:25
Booxtor?
Old 10-24-2017, 05:23 AM   #14
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
?contact direct Booxtor? post 01.12.14, 20:25
Booxtor?
Don't contact Booxtor on this site, but on his site : https://ereader.store/en/contact-us
He prefer this solution.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #15
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
On Windows did you disable 'driver signature enforcement'? I forget exactly how you do that. Somewhere in settings, then backup/restore, I think. You can google it pretty easily. I know I had difficulties with various tablets and ereaders on Windows 8.1 & 10 but this seemed to help.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no device connected, t76ml