Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #991
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
build 935

I am experiencing less responsiveness in menus on kobo aura (mark 5). There is a lot of render improvement. PDF reflow is almost perfect but with these issues:

1) Menus are very slow to appear and to be selected.
2) If PDF reflow is activated it works fine, but if U select bigger font the reader become unusable (almost 15/30 secs to turn page or to make menu appear)

thx
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #992
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramepc View Post
Thanks for the info!

Now before I disable this and completely forget it even exists, can you tell me what I should be experiencing if I enable it and everything works correctly ?
Please refer to the project wiki at https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ips-and-Tricks
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #993
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
I am experiencing less responsiveness in menus on kobo aura (mark 5). There is a lot of render improvement. PDF reflow is almost perfect but with these issues:

1) Menus are very slow to appear and to be selected.
2) If PDF reflow is activated it works fine, but if U select bigger font the reader become unusable (almost 15/30 secs to turn page or to make menu appear)

thx
1) not a problem on my kindle paperwhite.

2) probably the same reason as in the first case in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...roubleshooting. Please don't enlarge font size for an A4 page with a hinting number of 2. Probably no eink readers have enough spare RAM for the operation at this time.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #994
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

hinting number

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
1) not a problem on my kindle paperwhite.

2) probably the same reason as in the first case in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...roubleshooting. Please don't enlarge font size for an A4 page with a hinting number of 2. Probably no eink readers have enough spare RAM for the operation at this time.
Thx. The problem was solved setting 1 as hint number instead of default 2 in defaults.lua

Only one more question:

Is there any way to avoid showing last line of the screen "broken"??

Often the last line is not entirely visible cause it is plotted with less pixels than necessary. Could it be possible to avoid drawing last line if there are not enaugh pixels, and to move this line to next page?. I think this is the last ugly thing that prevents koreader to be considered a professional reader.
Thx
Old 02-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #995
chrox
Zealot

Quote:
Thx. The problem was solved setting 1 as hint number instead of default 2 in defaults.lua

Only one more question:

Is there any way to avoid showing last line of the screen "broken"??

Often the last line is not entirely visible cause it is plotted with less pixels than necessary. Could it be possible to avoid drawing last line if there are not enaugh pixels, and to move this line to next page?. I think this is the last ugly thing that prevents koreader to be considered a professional reader.
Thx
I'm assuming you are talking about PDF reading here. There are around 30 pixels overlap between two successive page turns. In most case if the last line in the first page turn is shown only a half, the whole line will be shown in the second page turn. I will make the overlap height configurable in defaults.lua.
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 04:40 AM   #996
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Just tested nightly build 937. I see a lot of improvement since the last time I checked, so thanks everyone involved for the good work!

The mini progress bar is a neat feature, though it only displays correct on my Aura HD. On the 6" Aura it is half hidden beneath the bottom bezel. Is there a way to adjust this in a *.lua file?
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #997
chrox
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Just tested nightly build 937. I see a lot of improvement since the last time I checked, so thanks everyone involved for the good work!

The mini progress bar is a neat feature, though it only displays correct on my Aura HD. On the 6" Aura it is half hidden beneath the bottom bezel. Is there a way to adjust this in a *.lua file?
Probably not. This is a known issue only on Kobo Aura. And discussions can be found here.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #998
bramepc
bramepc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Quote:
Please refer to the project wiki at https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ips-and-Tricks
Aaah thanks a lot, that explain why I was jumping around in incomprehensible ways through my document ;p
bramepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #999
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
I wander if Koreader has programmable tap-zones?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #1000
gloriousglib
gloriousglib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just reporting a couple bugs through my Aura HD. Made a quick video to demonstrate here

Cheers!
gloriousglib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:19 AM   #1001
UnicornSalesman
Nameless Being

How do I get the dictionary to work for PDFs? Or can't I?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #1002
xping
Connoisseur

firmware 3.1.2

Just downloaded last firmware (3.2.0) on kobo aura Mark 5 (non HD)

Well, now koreader is unable to return to nickel. It freezes on exit, showing a small sing on the right of the screen.
then U have to power off device and to restart it again

Any cue?

Last edited by xping; 02-26-2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 02-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #1003
xping
Connoisseur

issue

Quote:
Just downloaded last firmware on kobo aura Mark 5 (non HD)

Well, now koreader is unable to return to nickel. It freezes on exit, showing a small sing on the right of the screen.
then U have to power off device and to restart it again

Any cue?
SOVLED:

How I was thinking, the strange sign on the right of the screen after exiting was an attempt to reset the screen on last "saved" before entering.

so that i commented last line of Koreader_kobo.sh:

# continue with nickel
# cat .last_screen_content | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
# rm .last_screen_content
killall -CONT nickel

Last edited by xping; 02-26-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #1004
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
SOVLED:

How I was thinking, the strange sign on the right of the screen after exiting was an attempt to reset the screen on last "saved" before entering.

so that i commented last line of kobo_koboreader.sh:

# continue with nickel
killall -CONT nickel
Nice to know xping! I'm downloading 3.2.0 right now and I'll check the behaviour. If this is not happening on Glo, I could ask you to do some tests, mainly checking if the file .last_screen_content is correctly created.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #1005
maryaie
maryaie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
SOVLED:

so that i commented last line of kobo_koboreader.sh:

# continue with nickel
killall -CONT nickel
]

Thanks :-) I have recently updated my Touch firmware. It worked on my device :-)
maryaie is offline   Reply With Quote