Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
BookFusion eBook Reader & Management Sync Across All Devices Android, iOS & Web

Your Own eBooks in the Cloud and On Your Devices

BookFusion is the best cross platform eBook reader and manager with cloud sync that allows you to easily read, organize and manage your eBooks across all your devices. Apps for iOS, Android and Web(desktops). You can read more at https://www.bookfusion.com/reading

◇ Features ◇

Integrated Reader - Read all your EPUB & PDF eBooks both online and offline with clean and intuitive interface .

Extensive Reader Settings - Customize your reading experience from vertical/horizontal margins, line spacing, fonts, bold/italics, colors and much more.

Seamless Syncing - Sync your reading progress, highlights & annotations, eBooks and bookmarks across all devices. Pick up exactly where you left off.

Organize & Manage - Easily organize and access all your eBooks seamlessly whether offline or online. Organize your eBooks using virtual bookshelves or place them into Series. Quickly find the eBook you are looking for using the category, tags or author filters. The perfect eBook Organizer & eBook Manager in one.

Light & Dark Mode – Dark or Light the preference is yours!

Highlights & Annotations - Highlight with your preferred colors and add tags to highlights to keep them organized. Sort your highlights by date or reading progress and easily export them to use in other apps in CSV, Markdown, HTML and PDF formats

eBook Cloud - Keep your entire eBook collection at the tips of your fingers by storing them in the cloud and downloading them to read offline only when you need to. Any title just a click away.

Send to Kindle – Organize and quickly send your next read to your Kindle device with one click.

Calibre Integration - The perfect Calibre Ally. Sync metadata, custom columns, series, tags and incremental updated PDF & EPUB files to all your devices. Your entire Calibre library on your devices when you need it.

NOTE: You will need to install the BookFusion Calibre Plugin to sync your eBooks to all your devices. See the tutorial at h https://support.bookfusion.com/hc/en...in-for-Calibre

Open With - Don’t like the integrated reader? Use the open with functionality to send and read your eBooks with your preferred app. No lock-in

Metadata & Book Details – Know what an eBook is about at a glance or easily edit the cover, description, author tags and other information.

Additional Formats Supported via Web - These include: AZW, AZW3, AZW4, CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, DJVU, DOCX, FB2, FBZ, HTML, HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, ODT, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ in a single app. These must be uploaded via the Web App before using the iOS and Android App

EPUB 3 Support - With support for the full EPUB 3 spec. You can read eBooks with rich interactivity support that includes video, audio, Q&A, games and much more.

Last edited by skillachie; 04-28-2023 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Updating screenshots and description
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guys,

Dont be afraid to make comments, give feedback or voice your concerns in the forum. Let us know what you think
Advert
Old 03-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
kkpatel2004
kkpatel2004 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad3
this is what I needed

Hi,
I will start using it from today and will definitely leave feedback.
This seems so helpful. I use android phone, apple tablet, and windows 8 to read. This site will make it easier to switch b/w devices. However, a native app will be nice!
kkpatel2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
skillachie
Addict

Hi kkpatel2004,

Great!. I also have multiple devices and had to be keeping everything in sync constantly.Our next release will have a much improved design and user interface plus additional features.

We will be releasing Native Apps right after our next release. Stay tuned!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
kkpatel2004
kkpatel2004 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad3
So far it is working good. please release the app for Android and Apple. That will be awesome. I will report if I find any bugs or glitches. Thanks.
kkpatel2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #6
skillachie
Addict

Thanks to all the members of Mobile Read that provided us with feedback via email and also private messages here on the forum.We have been working quietly and diligently.

We have released our new web platform along with the complementary Android application today. IOS soon to be released.

I will like to close this thread and start a new one to highlight the changes and also discuss some of the goodies available exclusive to MobileRead members as a token of our appreciation.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
No. You will NOT start any new threads.

If you do, they will be REPORTED and DELETED as spam.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
skillachie
Addict

Hi Bookworms,

Thanks again to those that provided us with feedback during our public beta. We have a new platform that was recently launched that incorporated many of the feedback points we received.

Please see the updated post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...06&postcount=1 for more details.

Feel free to give us a spin and provide feedback,suggestions, and feature requests.

Dr. Drib,

Thank you for unlocking my thread. I am now well aware of the forum rules and will abide by them going forward.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #9
skillachie
Addict

We made the following updates

Web
-> Currently reading section

Android

->Currently reading section
->Cloud and device tab
->Fixes

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-14-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have created a wiki page BookFusion for this product. Feel free to expand it as desired.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #11
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have created a wiki page BookFusion for this product. Feel free to expand it as desired.

Dale
Thank you so much Dale!. Will definitely update.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:47 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Guys,

Dont be afraid to make comments, give feedback or voice your concerns in the forum. Let us know what you think
I just downloaded BookFusion to try it and the first thing that happens is I have to log in with a Facebook, Twitter, or BookFusion account. This right there is a turn off since I cannot use it without giving it my information. This forced login needs to go. Until it's goes, so goes BookFusion from my iPhone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #13
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just downloaded BookFusion to try it and the first thing that happens is I have to log in with a Facebook, Twitter, or BookFusion account. This right there is a turn off since I cannot use it without giving it my information. This forced login needs to go. Until it's goes, so goes BookFusion from my iPhone.

Hi JSWolf,

Thank you for download and providing the initial feedback. We currently require our readers to signup with at least their email (AKA BookFusion Account). We also allow our readers to sign up/sign in with their Facebook or Twitter account for convenience.

Why do we require this?

We can only sync bookmarks, comments, reading progress, and highlights, across all your devices and our web app only, if we have some attribute to determine which reader the books belong to.

Is it that you do not require syncing at all?

We value your feedback and will look at possibly restructuring our app to support reading without requiring signups. In the interim would you mind signing up with a disposable email(made up) and provide us with feedback?
Old 08-26-2017, 06:03 AM   #14
canpolat
Connoisseur
canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Xodo
@skillachie

I remember trying BookFusion a long time ago, and I thought it was not fit for my needs. But now, it looks pretty solid, and I am considering converting to it from my current workflow. I have some questions and could not find related information anywhere on the site. I hope you have some answers for me:

1. I uploaded 8 PDF books to try it out. The "processing" time seems very long. It did not really bother me that much in the beginning, but when I do a simple change on a book it takes the same amount of "processing" to get that edit in place. What is this "processing" and why does it take so much time? (The 'simple change' here being removing the 'Public?' flag from a book and it has been processing for the last 20 minutes or so).
2. After the processing, BookFusion correctly read the XMP data from my books, but fields like Publisher, Language and Subject are not fetched. Only the Title and Author fields were presented. Does BookFusion attempt to read XMP data? If so, would it be possible to at least parse the 'Subject' field and use it to populate Tags? I think that is almost a one-to-one match.
3. As a personal user I don't see any limits as to how many books I can store in total. Is it unlimited? If it is unlimited does BookFusion promise to keep it that way in the future? If not, is there a plan on introducing paid plans?
4. Can I share my books with other people who also have BookFusion accounts? If so, how (do I need an organization/enterprise account for that)?
5. Is there a way to view the books as a list instead of grid?

These are my initial questions. It may sound 'too many' but it's only because I am genuinely interested and need to understand it before the move.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by canpolat; 08-26-2017 at 06:20 AM.
canpolat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:48 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Hi JSWolf,

Thank you for download and providing the initial feedback. We currently require our readers to signup with at least their email (AKA BookFusion Account). We also allow our readers to sign up/sign in with their Facebook or Twitter account for convenience.

Why do we require this?

We can only sync bookmarks, comments, reading progress, and highlights, across all your devices and our web app only, if we have some attribute to determine which reader the books belong to.

Is it that you do not require syncing at all?

We value your feedback and will look at possibly restructuring our app to support reading without requiring signups. In the interim would you mind signing up with a disposable email(made up) and provide us with feedback?
When I am testing the app to see what think of it, I don't require syncing. I do have an iPad as well as an iPhone and if I decided to use the app on both and I wanted syncing, then I can register for an account. But just to test on my iPhone, syncing is not required. If I decided to enable syncing, then I'd register for an account. But there are a lot of people who may not want to register just to be able to use it for the first time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote