Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
makani
Enthusiast
makani began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
prs 505 vs prs 350 & 950

I finally was able to be in my local Best Buy store when both the 350 & 950 were working at the same time. I have been lusting after one of the new Sony's since they came out but wanted to handle them in person berfore the splurge. I probably would be more interested in the 650 but the other two gave me a good idea of what to expect when and if it would be available again.

I saw no difference in the two new readers as far as the quality of the reading when they were set up identicaly, however I probably would opt for the 950 simply for the fewer page turns, as I read almost exclusively at home.

Here is the kicker though, I took my 505 with me to compare in the store and found hardly any difference in the print quality (my 505 is set up with default fonts). Also I found the page turning just as easy and more comfortable with my 505 button clicking method vs the swipe turning on the newer reader.
I realize this is simply my own prefrence and there are other things to consider when picking out an ereader, but for me I will be perfectly happy and satisfied with my old 505 till it stops operating.
makani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I loved my 505 but I love my 950 even more. It is more versatile and handy.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I loved my 505 too, but I love my newer models even more. For me I really like the extra features of the touchscreen, dictionaries, cover browsing and Wi-fi on my 950. But, if you are just that happy with your 505, then maybe it's best to wait until the next generation of ereaders come out.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote