Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #16
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes it does it's [ strike ]
Ah -- on the other BB that I frequent, it's just the 's'. Nice to know that when I have a need for it again, I can use a strike-thru tag. I looked at the BBcode documentation and only saw the 's' tag as well. Guess I ought to ask Alexander which software and options he's running on this site.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
And has been said that way for a long time. I remember hearing "Roe v Wade" from the beginning.
It is also a shorthand for the media, they do not have to say "In the court case ..." because we know from the use of the "v" that it is a court case and not a tennis match, etc.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #18
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I'm irritated by the use of "healthy" instead of "healthful".

I don't want my food to be healthy. I want it to be dead.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I'm irritated by the use of "healthy" instead of "healthful".

I don't want my food to be healthy. I want it to be dead.
arg. disturbing mental images from all directions. thanks a lot, planet head.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(oh and also, shouldn't you be posting that on the "jay / nay" word list thread ???)
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Hopefully still bothers the bejeezus out of me. Even though it has become nearly acceptable.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Hopefully still bothers the bejeezus out of me. Even though it has become nearly acceptable.
why ? what's wrong with hopefully ?

(and again : words jay or nay, people !!! sheesh, you'd think it was perfectly acceptable to go off topic around here. where do you think you are, some sort of silly lounge or something ?? criminy.)
Old 09-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #23
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
This is the correct thread. Lay off of me or I'm calling a moderator.

Oh. Damn.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
This is the correct thread. Lay off of me or I'm calling a moderator.

Oh. Damn.
yep.

PH34R T3|-| 1337 pinwheels. or i will make you look silly.

(oops, too late, in your case. )
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #25
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
why ? what's wrong with hopefully ?

(and again : words jay or nay, people !!! sheesh, you'd think it was perfectly acceptable to go off topic around here. where do you think you are, some sort of silly lounge or something ?? criminy.)
Or -- Back on topic, you clowns!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Or -- Back on topic, you clowns!
yes, exactly !!

Tags
unutterable silliness