Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-30-2022, 08:19 PM   #31
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I've never done this before, so it's hard to say. Maybe just start with January and see how people use the thread?
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #32
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
For those here that are participating-
  • Would you like a thread for just the first/January challenge OR
  • A master post of all the books from all challenges for discussion and networking purposes?
I'm planning to participate, but I'll mostly add books just before I'm planning to read them. If I fill the list in advance I'm afraid it will feel like a chore/homework to me.

I'll probably also not follow the timeline all that closely -- if I decide to read a book that fits a prompt I'm not going to wait until that month to read it

So I'd prefer a thread per month/challenge, but would also prefer that all twelve threads get created at the beginning of the year, so I can write about a fishy book or a mask-y book in January, if that's how it happens.

I'm probably atypical in how I'm going to use the challenge, though

---
(added)

Oh, and maybe the threads would fit better in the Book Club subforum than here? Each month/challenge thread would feel a lot like the nomination threads from previous clubs, and since that subforum is so little used twelve threads at once wouldn't crowd out other active threads.

Last edited by hildea; 12-01-2022 at 12:54 PM.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2022, 02:17 PM   #33
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Off Topic: I have to say, the more I interact with The StoryGraph, the more I like it. My use has been pretty superficial until a couple of weeks ago, but lately I've been digging deeper. I've now got a trial Plus account, and will very likely subscribe once the trial is over. I really hope TSG makes it as a thriving GR competitor.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:56 AM   #34
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
this week, I will start gradually filling in the masterpost for the reading challenge. You can start following the masterpost >HERE<
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:57 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
For those here that are participating-
  • Would you like a thread for just the first/January challenge OR
  • A master post of all the books from all challenges for discussion and networking purposes?
A master list and then lists for each month.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@astrangerhere would you mind if I gave the URL for the challenge out to some non-MR TSG users?
Old 12-08-2022, 09:07 AM   #37
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
@astrangerhere would you mind if I gave the URL for the challenge out to some non-MR TSG users?
Anyone on StoryGraph can see the challenge (i made it public) and its in the TBR Reduction category. Anyone can join so far as I'm concerned.

ETA - Love the Chanukah pugs - Chag Sameach!
Old 12-08-2022, 04:42 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Anyone on StoryGraph can see the challenge (i made it public) and its in the TBR Reduction category. Anyone can join so far as I'm concerned.

ETA - Love the Chanukah pugs - Chag Sameach!
My pug is laying with mommy having a nap.

Thanks for that. I'll give the challenge link out then and hope we get more people to join.
Old 12-10-2022, 01:15 PM   #39
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’ve got a couple of questions about the challenge. Can you see which books an individual has added and can you see which individual has add a particular books?

And a general one about the site: can you contact people (perhaps just friends) through SG?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:43 PM   #40
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’ve got a couple of questions about the challenge. Can you see which books an individual has added and can you see which individual has add a particular books?
No, I don't think so. I can see the books for each challenge, but nothing about who has added them.

Quote:
And a general one about the site: can you contact people (perhaps just friends) through SG?
Yes, but only in the context of a buddy read. If a user allows buddy read invitations (they have to opt in), I can invite them and write a message in the invitation. If they accept, we could then exchange messages in the buddy read comments.
Old 12-10-2022, 06:17 PM   #41
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
No, I don't think so. I can see the books for each challenge, but nothing about who has added them.
That’s a pity. I feel as if I’m playing Marco Polo; it makes it harder to identify kindred spirits.

Quote:
Yes, but only in the context of a buddy read. If a user allows buddy read invitations (they have to opt in), I can invite them and write a message in the invitation. If they accept, we could then exchange messages in the buddy read comments.
Thank you!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:09 PM   #42
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
This sounds like fun - thanks astrangerhere! I just tried signing into StoryGraph but it seemed to be objecting to my email address for some reason. I shall try again later. Otherwise I expect I can link in once things start on the thread in Book Clubs.

ETA Now sorted.

Last edited by Bookpossum; 12-10-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:34 PM   #43
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I decided to load just one book for each month - that way I'm more certain of reading it when I have said I would.

issybird, I think part of the fun will be guessing who might have put up certain books! (I think you will get at least some of mine.)
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:21 AM   #44
hildea
Wizard

Quote:
That’s a pity. I feel as if I’m playing Marco Polo; it makes it harder to identify kindred spirits.
I agree. They are planing a book club feature, I'm looking forward to that!
Old 12-11-2022, 10:35 AM   #45
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
That is part of why I am doing the master post. So folks can just shout "Hey, does anyone want to buddy read this thing in the list?"