Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 09:43 PM   #1201
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockettawjih View Post
Please send me the kobo clara hd sdcard image. thanks.
You did read the name of the thread you posted your request in?

You will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see that option in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread to ask for PMs to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post in the Clara SD card image needed thread to let me know.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:54 AM   #1202
vrunner
vrunner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
N647B

Help me!!!

My Kobo is broken! Can I please have the firmware for N647B?
I have PM access.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 05-17-2023, 01:08 PM   #1203
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 05-17-2023, 11:51 PM   #1204
vrunner

Hello DNSB!

I got the image you sent.But it doesn't work. In my opinion, this is not a Kobo N647B image.
From the instructions: "To make sure you have the right disk, it should be configured as follows or something close to this: (unallocated) 10 MB, rootfs(EXT4) 256 MB..., recoveryfs(EXT4) 256 MB.., KOBOeReader (FAT32) 1.33 GB".

Available on request: rootfs - 512 MB, recoveryfs -258 MB.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:55 AM   #1205
DNSB
Bibliophagist

I've sent you a PM with a link to an older version of the image.
Advert
Old 05-18-2023, 08:53 PM   #1206
vrunner

Hello DNSB!

Unfortunately, the sent version of the image is exactly the same....
She does not work.
I want to remind you, I need an image for N647B (with the letter B in name).
I had 1.9.12.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:30 PM   #1207
vrunner

Hello!

Thank you so much for the file, DNSB!

This is what I needed.

Now my book is working again.

Thanks again!
Old 06-02-2023, 03:13 PM   #1208
Retiree8214
Retiree8214 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Could someone please send me the firmware for the Kobo N647?
Old 06-06-2023, 12:06 AM   #1209
Canuckfire
Canuckfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Hello, when possible would I also be able to get a link for the Kobo N647 firmware?

I would also like to thank the users that have been amazingly still replying to this thread for years... I had been searching to try and find a firmware repository and everything pointed back to this forum.
Old 07-28-2023, 08:55 PM   #1210
trish3
trish3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Kobo Wifi (discontinued)

I know this is a long shot, but I have an old Kobo Wifi (now discontinued) and am trying to update it so I can sync with my current kobo account.
Is there any one who can help?

IQUOTE=davidfor;2745606]PM sent.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-28-2023, 08:56 PM   #1211
trish3

Kobo Wifi N647

Were you ever able to get the firmware for this device? I am in the same position
Old 07-28-2023, 09:42 PM   #1212
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 07-28-2023, 10:36 PM   #1213
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by trish3 View Post
I know this is a long shot, but I have an old Kobo Wifi (now discontinued) and am trying to update it so I can sync with my current kobo account.
Is there any one who can help?
You can't sync a Kobo WiFi N647, N647B or other old Kobos before the first touch screen model. They removed support from the Kobo desktop software and took away the firmware update downloads.

What you can do is use Calibre and its Kobo plugins to manage books on it.

If you have a N647 or N647B with the final firmware version 1.9.12, can you follow the directions to extract the Micro SD and make an image file? Nobody has that version, just 1.9.

There are some minor differences between the N647 and N647B to where the firmwares, despite having the same versions number, are not interchangeable. There's also another, slightly newer Kobo device that also has version 1.9.12, incompatible with the N647 and N647B. (No idea why Kobo didn't make it so either the same version number firmware worked on several devices, or that each device had unique version numbers.)

If you want to keep yours as is you can remove the card, make an image, put the card back in, do a factory reset, remove the card and make a second image to share, then write the first image back to the card and reassemble your Kobo.

You could also take the opportunity to upgrade to a much larger SD card to hold more books internally.
Old 07-29-2023, 09:14 PM   #1214
Canuckfire
Canuckfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
I got my Kobo working again!

Thanks to DNSB and the forum for keeping the discussion alive for these devices for so long.

-Ben
Old 07-29-2023, 10:51 PM   #1215
trish3

Thank you! It's a bit of a process, but caibre seems to be what will work - I just have to figure out how to download my purchased ebooks from kobo into a format that will work.
This is a great start though - I have a brand new kobo, this is an old one that I have found that works perfectly (apart from no longer being supported by kobo) and I would like to give it to my friend to use.
Appreciate your time on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
You can't sync a Kobo WiFi N647, N647B or other old Kobos before the first touch screen model. They removed support from the Kobo desktop software and took away the firmware update downloads.

What you can do is use Calibre and its Kobo plugins to manage books on it.

If you have a N647 or N647B with the final firmware version 1.9.12, can you follow the directions to extract the Micro SD and make an image file? Nobody has that version, just 1.9.

There are some minor differences between the N647 and N647B to where the firmwares, despite having the same versions number, are not interchangeable. There's also another, slightly newer Kobo device that also has version 1.9.12, incompatible with the N647 and N647B. (No idea why Kobo didn't make it so either the same version number firmware worked on several devices, or that each device had unique version numbers.)

If you want to keep yours as is you can remove the card, make an image, put the card back in, do a factory reset, remove the card and make a second image to share, then write the first image back to the card and reassemble your Kobo.

You could also take the opportunity to upgrade to a much larger SD card to hold more books internally.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi