Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-28-2023, 04:34 PM   #1081
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Notes Viewer

Attachment removed: see: Version 1.0.238 -2023-04-29 Notes Viewer: when restarted after editing, NV restarts with the same custom column that was just being edited (regardless whether it is the default or not).

Notes Viewer: when restarted after editing, NV child instances (and of course the parent instance) restart with the same custom column that was just being edited (regardless whether it is the default or not in NV Customization Options, and regardless of whether the parent instance is "locked" on that default column or not). If you bounce around different custom columns frequently in NV, the Default Custom Column with "lock" may not be appropriate for your usage scenario of NV, but this beta test version accommodates that scenario too.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-29-2023 at 12:34 PM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 05:32 PM   #1082
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll give it a spin, to ensure I get to keep what I have

The link tool (ctrl+L) in the built-in long text editor has replaced its Browse button with separate File and Folder buttons. Will you be doing something similar - or better yet allow the existing Browse button to select a folder or file. FTR: I'm not enamoured with having two buttons which essentially do the same the thing… obtain the 'address' of a file system object.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:02 PM   #1083
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'll give it a spin, to ensure I get to keep what I have
I don't normally use Lock, but if I do check it, and then edit the Note, I noticed the Lock is unchecked after saving the edit… which doesn't bother me.

I use an extra NV instance when I want to compare the 'notes' of different books, I unfreeze the second instance so that I can Alt+D to the 'other' book. That works too.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-28-2023 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 12:12 AM   #1084
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Can you add something to turn tooltips off and on (default), either as a checkbox in Options (my preference) or as a Ctrl+? sequence. They are irritating when editing HTML. For me all on or all off would be fine.

BR
Old 05-25-2023, 10:34 PM   #1085
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

FYI - one of my shortcuts doesn't appear in the the Active Keyboard Shortcut Assignments list - see attachments.

The "Close all…" and "Show… in a locked window" options were added by chaley a few weeks ago, the item which is missing from the list has 'always' been available.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preferences.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	201683   Click image for larger version

Name:	JS list.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	201684  
Old 05-26-2023, 12:58 PM   #1086
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
FYI - one of my shortcuts doesn't appear in the the Active Keyboard Shortcut Assignments list - see attachments.

The "Close all…" and "Show… in a locked window" options were added by chaley a few weeks ago, the item which is missing from the list has 'always' been available.

BR
Per my JS debug log for that Tool: Standard: ('Default', 'Edit ToC', 'Edit ToC', ('K',))

You might ask him how he enabled 'K', given the above. I guess it could have been made a transient override that only exists when the Book Details are open; if so, it would not be in the official shortcuts source, meaning that the JS Tool cannot show it.

DaltonST
Old 05-26-2023, 04:33 PM   #1087
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
You might ask him how he enabled 'K', given the above. I guess it could have been made a transient override that only exists when the Book Details are open; if so, it would not be in the official shortcuts source, meaning that the JS Tool cannot show it.

DaltonST
It uses the standard action shortcut API, same as save_to_disk, view and several others. File show_book_details.py.
Code:
class ShowBookDetailsAction(InterfaceAction):

name = 'Show Book Details'
    action_spec = (_('Book details'), 'dialog_information.png',
                   _('Show the detailed metadata for the current book in a separate window'), _('I'))
    action_shortcut_name = _('Show Book details in a separate window')
    dont_add_to = frozenset(('context-menu-device',))
    action_type = 'current'
    action_add_menu = True
    action_menu_clone_qaction = _('Show Book details in a separate window')

def genesis(self):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	201691  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:01 PM   #1088
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

If I set the Book details shortcuts back to the default settings I see this in JS.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	201692

Observe the Group name, as expected its "Book details", which matches the name used in Preferences->Shortcuts:

When I change the 'Show book details in a separate window' from 'I' to 'K' I see this:

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	201693

Observe the change in Group name: it's the same as the shortcut name.

When I add the custom shortcuts for the other two options it changes again:

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	201694

Here's a snippet from ...\shortcuts\main.json

Code:
   "Interface Action: Show Book Details (Show Book Details) - qaction": [
      "K"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Show Book Details (Show Book Details) : menu action : close_all_details": [
      "Ctrl+K"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Show Book Details (Show Book Details) : menu action : show_locked_details": [
      "I"
    ],
BR
Old 05-27-2023, 01:40 PM   #1089
DaltonST
Deviser

Sources for the JS Shortcut Listing

There are 2 entirely different sources for the JS Shortcut Listing:

[1] Calibre's maingui.keyboard.shortcuts (a.k.a. Default)

[2] Calibre's "calibre\shortcuts\main.json" (a.k.a. Custom)

The JS Tool treats all shortcuts in maingui.keyboard.shortcuts identically based on the values available in that dictionary, and main.json items identically based on the values available in that dictionary.

Hence, the behavior you observed and noted.

My main.json looks like below.

Code:
{
  "map": {
    "Interface Action: Add Books (Add Books) - qaction": [],
    "Interface Action: Drop Search Results (Drop Search Results) : menu action : Drop Search Results": [
      "A"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   'FormatSpy": [],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   'Notes Viewer": [
      "Ctrl+\\"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   'RowSpy": [
      "Alt+\\"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Apply JS Quality Fixes [Selected Books]": [
      "Ctrl+J"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Apply View Manager Views based on Virtual Library": [
      "Ctrl+V"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   BIB Catalog to RIS Converter/Exploder to Auto-Add": [
      "`"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Copy Selected 'User Category' to a Target Library": [
      "Ctrl+Num++"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Copy-to-Library Shortcut": [
      "Ctrl+Num+/"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Display 'Polish Books' Job Font-Embedding Failures and Failed Books": [
      "Alt+Num+."
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   FTP Books to Host [Selected Books] [Specified Formats]": [
      "Ctrl+Num+0"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Invert Selection": [
      "Ctrl+Num+-"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Keyboard Shortcut to Autofill Custom Column #1 [Selected Books]": [
      "Ctrl+Num+1"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Keyboard Shortcut to Autofill Custom Column #2 [Selected Books]": [
      "Ctrl+Num+2"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Keyboard Shortcut to Autofill Custom Column #3 [Selected Books]": [
      "Ctrl+Num+3"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Keyboard Shortcut to Autofill Custom Column #4 [Selected Books]": [
      "Ctrl+Num+4"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   List Active Keyboard Shortcuts": [
      "Ctrl+Num+*"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   PubMed NBIB to RIS Converter/Exploder to Auto-Add": [
      "Ctrl+`"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Scrub Tag/Tag-Like Columns Using Rules Tables [All Tags]": [
      "Ctrl+S"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Tickle Auto-Adder to Wake Up": [
      "Ctrl+W"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Job Spy (Job Spy) : menu action : JS+:GUI Tool:   Update Custom Column Based on Another Custom Column [Selected Books]": [
      "Ctrl+B"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Show Book Details (Show Book Details) : menu action : close_all_details": [
      "Alt+Num+1"
    ],
    "Interface Action: Show Book Details (Show Book Details) : menu action : show_locked_details": [
      "Alt+Num+2"
    ]
  },
  "options_map": {}
}
All of the main.json shortcuts are treated identically based on their values in main.json. I personally don't see anything in the above that lends itself to doing something different than what it currently does.

DaltonST
Old 05-27-2023, 06:02 PM   #1090
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
. . .

All of the main.json shortcuts are treated identically based on their values in main.json. I personally don't see anything in the above that lends itself to doing something different than what it currently does.
FTR: this doesn't have any functional impact, i.e. my customised Book details shortcuts work as required.

I prefixed my post (1085) on this with "FYI" because I assumed the 'cause' lay in source data not in JS itself. At the time I didn't notice the peculiarity of the Group name changing.

So now my question is: Why does the Group name for the "Book details" shortcuts change when I customise them. From what I can see all of my other keyboard shortcuts (of which I have many) retain the Group name shown in Preferences->Shortcuts.

And that's a question for chaley.

You didn't respond to my request for an option to turn tooltips off in Edit mode, I question the need to even have a tooltip in the text box itself.

BR
Old 05-27-2023, 06:14 PM   #1091
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
So now my question is: Why does the Group name for the "Book details" shortcuts change when I customise them. From what I can see all of my other keyboard shortcuts (of which I have many) retain the Group name shown in Preferences->Shortcuts.

And that's a question for chaley.
As far as I can tell they don't. If someone believes otherwise then they should talk to Kovid, providing examples. I'm not going to make changes to base calibre for this.

Here is the content of shortcuts/main.json showing that all the customized shortcuts have the same group.
Code:
    "Interface Action: Show Book Details (Show Book Details) - qaction": [
      "Shift+K"
    ],
      "Ctrl+I"
    ],
      "Alt+I"
    ],
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 04:18 PM   #1092
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:

You didn't respond to my request for an option to turn tooltips off in Edit mode, I question the need to even have a tooltip in the text box itself.
BR
The text box itself does not have any tooltips. The radio buttons View and Edit have the identical tooltip related to the text box. I suspect that your mouse cursor is hovering on the Edit radio button, causing its tooltip to display. I suspect one of those fancy utils that you use is the culprit. Tabbing once to focus it on the text box will solve it.

DaltonST
Old 05-28-2023, 07:15 PM   #1093
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

See first screen shot, I have to nudge the mouse to make that tooltip go away, if I nudge onto the Edit radio button I get what you see in the second screenshot.

I question the utility of the first tooltip in Edit mode.

I also question why the Lock checkbox and Edit radio button are even shown in Edit mode, they don't do anything useful. If I check Lock before I edit, then after saving the edits and returning to View mode the Lock checkbox will be unchecked. Bug, maybe - I don't make use of the Lock feature.

A single radio button is meaningless. so I assume Edit button is there as a hint as to which mode you're in -- in which case it doesn't need a tooltip. But getting into NV's Edit mode is hardly something anyone is going to blithely stumble into.

IMO, NV's navigation controls are unnecessary clutter in Edit mode.

If one uses them NV quite rightly asks if you want to discard the edits. If you do then you should have used the Cancel button, which will take you back to View mode.

If you want to keep the edits then you must use Save which will take you back to View mode.

If you click Down in Edit mode and discard the changes you end up in View mode for the next book - you could have done that by Clicking Cancel and Down.

See third screen shot.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	first tooltip.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	201741   Click image for larger version

Name:	post nudge  tooltip.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	201742   Click image for larger version

Name:	nv edit simpllfied.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	201743  
Old 05-28-2023, 07:54 PM   #1094
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
As far as I can tell they don't. If someone believes otherwise then they should talk to Kovid, providing examples. I'm not going to make changes to base calibre for this.
Pretty sure it's because I use 'I' for the locked BD, if I change it to say 'W' then the 3 shortcuts are listed by the JS tool. It has no functional consequences, so it can go though to the 'keeper.

Why did I give 'I' to the locked BD - familiarity. I use the locked BD where I would have previously used the CalibreSpy plugin. And the Scroll book details plugin obviates my need for the BD that follows the book list.

BR
Old 07-01-2023, 03:18 PM   #1095
gstock97
gstock97 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have searched till my fingers bled. I am trying to figure out how to simply import my list of identifiers into my library. I am using a custom column (#shorttitle) as the match column. This is working correctly, however cannot seem to format my CSV in any manner in which I can import my amazon and ff identifiers. Here is a sample line from the CSV.

Quote:
#shorttitle,id
"William W JohnstoneBetter Off Dead",'amazon':'B012KKDI88','ff':'j/william-w-johnstone/better-off-dead'
Any help with the formatting would be gratefully appreciated.

G
gstock97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools