Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #31
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
ReLaunchX_1.2.1

A new build is here Rather small change.

What's new:
1. Fixed the nasty dialog popping out about exit when pressing the Android back button up to the root dir when the app is running as Launcher. Anyway I have simplified the work modes:
- when app is started as launcher, from boot or by pressing Android home button, it works a launcher (show the bottom screen buttons).
- when app is started from another launcher it work as file manager
I have no idea why anyone would be using the bottom buttons when using the app as file manager since there is another launcher running in the system but if anyone is missing that feature just share your opinion.

2. Added setting to adjust buttons size. If we can adjust font size then why not buttons size too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-setting.png
Views:	1270
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	156177

Nice big buttons (60)

Name:	2-view.png
Views:	1532
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	156178

3. Added "unknown" device information to the about dialog. Press Android menu button, chose "Information". When you test the app on your device, please post those 4 text values about your device build:

Name:	3-info.png
Views:	1265
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	156179

Here is the new apk
ReLaunchX_1.2.1.zip
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #32
Mapio
Mapio began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max, Tolino Shine 2 HD, PRS-T2
Hello Leszek,

first of all:
Thank you very, very much for your work on RelaunchX!

I already tried to use Relaunch from time to time on my Onyx Boox MAX - however I think that your great work significantly improved its functionality and stability! I am very happy about finding this thread and am now feeling like the owner of a somehow refurbished device!

It is also fantastic to hear that you are thinking about releasing it on F-droid. Your great job on RelaunchX is really capable of providing an enhanced usability and user experience for owners of the Onyx Boox Max and also other devices!

I have one question:
Is it possible to select multiple files and copy/move/delete them at the same time? If not this would be a very helpful feature for people who e.g. organize bigger collections of PDF files.

Greetings from Cologne,
Mateusz

Last edited by Mapio; 04-15-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Mapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #33
yac
yac began at the beginning.

Device: KO2
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
2. Added setting to adjust buttons size. If we can adjust font size then why not buttons size too.
Great, this makes the app even nicer. :-)

Quote:
3. Added "unknown" device information to the about dialog. Press Android menu button, chose "Information". When you test the app on your device, please post those 4 text values about your device build:[
Can't seem to get there, the menu button is not displayed when RelaunchX is active.
yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #34
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Do you have AndroidStudio installed (or any logcat for Android)? I'd like to see the crash information flushed to the debug view when you run ReLaunchX on Boyue T63 - it could be something trivial.
I have attached a logcat from my Boyue T63. Hope this helps! Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2017-04-15-19-14-04.txt (65.3 KB, 496 views)
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #35
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yac View Post
Can't seem to get there, the menu button is not displayed when RelaunchX is active.
I ment physical Android menu button, does your device have it? I may add it as a choice in "Screen buttons behavior" settings, for example on double tap home, etc.
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #36
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have attached a logcat from my Boyue T63. Hope this helps! Thanks!
Thanks, helps a lot.
There is an improper usage of requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);

What is the Android version on your device?

Most likely the mentioned method does not work on older or newer android so should be guarded by Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= xx. I will check the doc.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #37
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapio View Post
I have one question:
Is it possible to select multiple files and copy/move/delete them at the same time? If not this would be a very helpful feature for people who e.g. organize bigger collections of PDF files.

Greetings from Cologne,
Mateusz
No, file management is very primitive I'd say. There is even no visual progress of such operations. Honestly I have all my books on SD card and manage them on PC through card reader.

I agree that there is a lot of space to improve the app in areas of file management and app management.

Cheers
Old 04-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #38
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, helps a lot.
There is an improper usage of requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);

What is the Android version on your device?

Most likely the mentioned method does not work on older or newer android so should be guarded by Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= xx. I will check the doc.
The Android version is 4.2.2, the same as on my Onyx C67 (and ReLaunch works fine there).
Old 04-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #39
plusz
Addict

Quote:
The Android version is 4.2.2, the same as on my Onyx C67 (and ReLaunch works fine there).
I removed the useless title bar, but indeed there are some known issues http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...e-add#16939962

Android is a little messed up in terms of compatibility.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #40
yac

Quote:
I ment physical Android menu button, does your device have it?
No, only the soft button.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #41
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
I removed the useless title bar, but indeed there are some known issues http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...e-add#16939962

Android is a little messed up in terms of compatibility.
Thanks for looking into this. I appreciate it.

ReLaunch works on my Onyx, so I can use it there.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:50 AM   #42
plusz
Addict

ReLauchX_1.2.2

Trivia:
1. Attempt to fix crash on some devices. @downeaster59 could you test it? I hope I have done it right though I was not able to reproduce the crash as on emulator everything is fine on any Android version.

2. Added software support for the Android physical menu button. Go to "Settings" > "Advanced settings" > "Screen buttons behavior" > "Settings button ...".
I assigned it by default for the long press action.

Name:	1-optionsMenu.png
Views:	839
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	156247

New build is here:
ReLaunchX_1.2.2.zip
Old 04-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #43
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Trivia:
1. Attempt to fix crash on some devices. @downeaster59 could you test it? I hope I have done it right though I was not able to reproduce the crash as on emulator everything is fine on any Android version.

2. Added software support for the Android physical menu button. Go to "Settings" > "Advanced settings" > "Screen buttons behavior" > "Settings button ...".
I assigned it by default for the long press action.
Attachment 156247

New build is here:
Attachment 156248
This new build works fine on my Boyue T63. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #44
plusz
Addict

Quote:
This new build works fine on my Boyue T63. Thanks!
Thanks for feedback
Old 04-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #45
yac

Quote:
2. Added software support for the Android physical menu button.
Thanks. Here is what my inkbook shows in the information window.

device: inkBook
manufacturer: BOYUE
model: rk30sdk
product: T63-AG
Android: 4.2.2
API level: 17