Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #586
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Strange. Source code contains things about FBReader like BYReader contains FBReader or something. Even has DJVU support.

Did he tell you anything about being able to change page orientation?
I mean in 2-page mode pen goes down, volume buttons are on the left.
I'm right handed myself but reversed orientation is more convenient.
Just about to send feature request.
No, he only replied to my own question regarding left handed mode. Send them a mail
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:26 AM   #587
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Update is out

ZIP for manual installation:
BYRead-V1.1.3-2019092718.zip

Last edited by Bratken; 09-29-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #588
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
No leftie mode yet
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #589
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Wow, with the latest update there is no ugly off button picture anymore when the reader is powered off but instead it shows your customized lock screen wallpaper which is great in my opinion.

A little more customization of the main screen (those useless text and time widgets) and we will slowly get somewhere. xD
Old 10-02-2019, 02:17 AM   #590
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merithyn View Post
Wow, with the latest update there is no ugly off button picture anymore when the reader is powered off but instead it shows your customized lock screen wallpaper which is great in my opinion.
Are you sure about that, because on my Mimas tablet, with the latest update I always have this ugly power off logo.
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #591
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantale View Post
Are you sure about that, because on my Mimas tablet, with the latest update I always have this ugly power off logo.
Yeah, I'm sure. When it powers off by itself after the set amount of time it doesn't show power off button but it stays on wallpaper picture but I'm on Alita so dunno (same software as Mimas). Do you have custom lock screen wallpaper set in user settings?
Old 10-03-2019, 02:38 AM   #592
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merithyn View Post
Yeah, I'm sure. When it powers off by itself after the set amount of time it doesn't show power off button but it stays on wallpaper picture but I'm on Alita so dunno (same software as Mimas). Do you have custom lock screen wallpaper set in user settings?
Yes, of course, I have my own wallpaper set in user settings.
It's not a problem since I never switch off my tablet, but I was curious about your remark and wanted to test it.
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:28 PM   #593
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Also i noticed that Notes finally became stable. Or maybe because app cache has been removed. We'll see
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:16 AM   #594
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Likebook Mimas
Yes, Notes app is definately more stable. And the copy/paste function is back a lot faster again.
Still had one crash, losing an entire page of notes though...

Ratta Supernote is on the way for me. After using the Mimas I now know that I need a notetaking device. Mimas hardware is probably the most complete out there, but with this software I can not trust this device with my notes.

The Supernote is more limited, both software and hardware but hopefully better suited to my needs.
I do not need Android
I do not need sound
I do not need a browser

Hope I can live without the backlight and bluetooth.
Jantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #595
Alan_Bernardo
Banned
Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone have any suggestions for a decent ebook app for this device when reading pdfs?

I mean, KO reader and Moon are really bad. Kindle is no better.

Default Boyue reader isn't bad, but is there anything better, when using reflow?

Thanks!
Alan_Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #596
Rafaelgarcia
Rafaelgarcia began at the beginning.