Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Reeder for iPad Released

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reede...375661689?mt=8

Reeder is an RSS reader for Google Reader.
Trying it now...so far it looks quite beautiful, and well laid out for the iPad screen. Not all the feeds have icons-not sure if that's just my collection or what. Very clean, simple interface.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
yeah. trying it out. interesting that it works like the photos app. you can pinch and spread feed stacks to open and close collections, or open an individual feed.

i do not like the color scheme at all. difficult to read the dark grey text on light grey background. wish i could change the colors. also disappointed it is not a universal binary. i misunderstood when i downloaded it and am bummed now, not paying another $5 for an iphone version.

i think i'm sticking with newsrack.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
The most important thing in an rss-reader for me would be a feature to have the article+images being downloaded in the background. For speedy reading and offline reading.

Apparantly reeder does not have that, mobilerss do.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...8&postcount=40
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote