Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
thtanaka
thtanaka began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Exit demo mode - Screwed up serial flashing

Greetings,

I've got a kindle in demo mode which shows only "This demonstration device is either missing content or is disconnected from network" and I can't do anything apart from changing the background.

I read this topic and tried the serial flashing, but ended lifting the "Tx" solder pad and screwing everything up.

Is there anything else I can try before throwing it to the bin?
thtanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
I don't know if anything can be done. It one time happened to a Kindle Oasis I had, and I never could figure out how to fix it.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:15 AM   #3
danield
danield began at the beginning.

Device: DP75SDI
This video may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzuI...l=H2TechVideos
danield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:17 AM   #4
danield
danield began at the beginning.

Device: DP75SDI
IT's easy to fix, just check out this short video on youtube: "Kindle, how to skip misconfiguration lock."
It's a bit tricky. You may need to repeat several times before it bring you to the main menu
danield is offline   Reply With Quote