Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #46
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

N.B:
For the sake of trying to keep things simple, I'm going to suggest we retire the 'reduce height by 50%' version of the same patch because IMHO it really makes the Header too small on any device other than a KA1. Even on a KA1 it may be too small for anyone who doesn't have small fingers.

If lots of you have been happily using the 50% version, now is the time to speak up in favour of keeping it
I for one use the 50% version on my KA1 and would miss having it but I don't know how much work is involved in you making the patch. I would love to see it for the new FW but if not I will go back to no header at all for full screen reading or stick with the old home page/ header setup.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #47
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Quote:
N.B:

If lots of you have been happily using the 50% version, now is the time to speak up in favour of keeping it
The 50% patch is absolutely fine on my Aura 6".
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Let us know when you try it. I get an error when trying to run the bat with your code *with some of it commented out.
I did use my code as posted and it works very well. I have a small footer and that doesn't take up much room at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
N.B:
For the sake of trying to keep things simple, I'm going to suggest we retire the 'reduce height by 50%' version of the same patch because IMHO it really makes the Header too small on any device other than a KA1. Even on a KA1 it may be too small for anyone who doesn't have small fingers.

I tried the 50% patch and I found it too small. I like the 33% patch. Thank you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #50
imkh
Enthusiast
imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I have the 50% header patch installed on a Touch and it works well for me, I do have smallish fingers though! On my KA1 its spacious.

Having the option would be great.
imkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #51
Kitiara610
Kitiara610 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Icarus Illumina XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
GeoffR, is it possible to add these patches

Remove system fonts in Reader list
Remove non-system fonts in Reader list

thank you very much for your work
I have this question too.
And at which point do I have to insert the patch?

Thank you for your work.
Kitiara610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:14 PM   #52
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
WARNING: I've installed the "Enable new home screen" patch and ended up with a bootloop.
I've added a warning to post #2.

I don't know if any of this is makes a difference, but in case there is a pattern:
Which firmware version did you upgrade to 4.3.8842 from?
Did you upgrade manually or via wi-fi?
Did you complete a sync after upgrading but before applying the patch?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #53
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
Hey,

KePub fullScreenReading bugs seems to be fixed for Glo HD. I haven't encountered them since 4.x.x. Maybe they shouldn't be default anymore if other, newer devices are the same?
The bugs have not been fixed, the very first KePub I tested after installing 4.3.8842 was affected by the shift-to-the-right bug.

Edit: Here are screenshots from my Glo with 4.3.8842 without the `fix three full-screen bugs` patch, the first shows the shift-to-the-right bug that occurs when the book's body margin is non-zero (this book), the second shows the side bearing cut-off on the 'f' at the end of the second line (this book).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shift-bug.png
Views:	218
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	155278   Click image for larger version

Name:	side-bearing-bug.png
Views:	199
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	155279  

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-24-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #54
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I want to try the new FW on my spare Mini. Is there any harm in adding the "Disable new home screen" to the patch for the Mini, even though, as it is not a high-res device, the new home screen may not be applicable?
To be cautious I suggest waiting until you have installed the new firmware, completed a full sync, and rebooted the device to see which home screen you have. Then only use the patch if you want to change to the other one.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #55
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
GeoffR, is it possible to add these patches

Remove system fonts in Reader list
Remove non-system fonts in Reader list
I don't know sorry, it probably is possible, but I haven't found how to do it yet.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #56
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I've added a warning to post #2.

I don't know if any of this is makes a difference, but in case there is a pattern:
Which firmware version did you upgrade to 4.3.8842 from?
Did you upgrade manually or via wi-fi?
Did you complete a sync after upgrading but before applying the patch?
I came from 4.2.8432. I upgraded manually (via KSM8's partial update). I did not do a complete sync before installing the patch. I am using an Aura One.

Also for what it's worth, I've enabled several switches at once when I added the patch, though they were the stuff I usually patch for.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:35 AM   #57
pablitoclav
http://i.imgur.com/Bp1X5m
pablitoclav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
This patch doesn't change which testing group you are in. Maybe you could do that by modifying the database. I haven't tested it much.

Edit: Wait until you see which home screen you get, don't apply the patch if you don't need it.

`Disable new home screen` (paste into libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch)
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Disable new home screen`
patch_enable = `yes`
# HomePageController::newHomeScreenEnabled() --> False
replace_bytes = 736894, 30 46, 00 20
</Patch>
You sir are my hero. The new homescreen was drivin' me crazy.
Thanks!

Now the sketch pad doesn't show a blank image to start drawing. Any ideas how to solve that?

Last edited by pablitoclav; 02-25-2017 at 01:02 AM. Reason: I forgot to ask this
pablitoclav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:11 AM   #58
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
I'm having an issue with the dictionary frame size patch with the new home screen enabled. If the definition extends into the increased part of the frame, the text does not show.
Same problem here.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:23 AM   #59
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
I'm having an issue with the dictionary frame size patch with the new home screen enabled. If the definition extends into the increased part of the frame, the text does not show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Same problem here.
I didn't install the new FW, so it's hard to find the problem.

Here are two test version please tell me how they works, if you can please post pics.

Patch test 'Dictionary frame size'

Remove

Last edited by oren64; 02-25-2017 at 11:42 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:07 AM   #60
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
WARNING: I've installed the "Enable new home screen" patch and ended up with a bootloop.
Quote:
I came from 4.2.8432. I upgraded manually (via KSM8's partial update). I did not do a complete sync before installing the patch. I am using an Aura One.

Also for what it's worth, I've enabled several switches at once when I added the patch, though they were the stuff I usually patch for.
Did you configured KSM to auto start nickel immediately (after 0 seconds or so). If you did not, I wonder how a bootloop can occur.

Last edited by tshering; 02-25-2017 at 06:11 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote