Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
b3ta
Enthusiast
b3ta began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reset an original Glowlight?

I've had this Glowlight for ~10 years, and it's time to pass or sell it on. Trouble is, it won't connect to my internet (password is correct, etc). Any way to reset it without the need to connect to WiFi?
b3ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Factory Reset Instructions
  1. On the Settings screen, tap Device Info.
  2. Select Erase & Deregister Device.
  3. Your NOOK displays a page for erasing and degistering your device.
  4. Tap Erase & Deregister Device. A dialog box asking you to confirm your selection appears.
  5. Tap Reset NOOK.
I know this would work on my Glowlight Plus and Glowlight 3. I never bought the original Glowlight. It didn't feel like much of an upgrade from my Nook ST with Glowlight.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 09-11-2020 at 01:53 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
b3ta
Enthusiast
b3ta began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Factory Reset Instructions
  1. On the Settings screen, tap Device Info.
  2. Select Erase & Deregister Device.
  3. Your NOOK displays a page for erasing and degistering your device.
  4. Tap Erase & Deregister Device. A dialog box asking you to confirm your selection appears.
  5. Tap Reset NOOK.
I know this would work on my Glowlight Plus and Glowlight 3. I never bought the original Glowlight. It didn't feel like much of an upgrade from my Nook ST with Glowlight.
Unfortunately, at step 4 it tells you to connect to WiFi - it's required to 'Erase and Deregister'
b3ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:32 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ta View Post
Unfortunately, at step 4 it tells you to connect to WiFi - it's required to 'Erase and Deregister'
Maybe it's stupid and obvious. But have you tried turning WiFi off and back on? Or connecting to a different WiFi?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:16 PM   #5
RETG
RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RETG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
How long since you were last connected to the internet? If it has been a period of time, make sure you are trying to connect to a 2.4Ghz band. I'm guessing the original Nook has no 5Ghz software.
Some routers output both 2.4 and 5.0 and sometime upon setup, people will turn off or opt to not show a band access.
RETG is offline   Reply With Quote