Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
eReader (pdb) purchased ebooks on B&N eReader on iPhone?

Hi,

I'm not sure this is a right forum to ask.

I have a number of ebooks purchased from eReader.com. I also have both eReader and B&N ereader on my iPhone. I believe that B&N will stop enhancing eReader app and concentrate on B&N ereader.

The problem is both apps seem to see eReader and B&N online stores as different ebook stores. So I don't know how I can fully switch my eReader books to B&N.

My question is how can I download my eReader ebooks into B&N eReader on my iPHone?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
Currently...you can't. You get to have two readers on your iPhone. Believe me, I've tried.
Ironically, I can load up books from fictionwise, Reader, and Barnes&Noble onto my old Palm TX and read them all with the same eReader software.

So...this is progress, huh? Ah well.

Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
macgirl
geeky girl
macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 3GS, former Kindle owner
I hope Barnes & Noble works this out with Fictionwise/eReader soon. I'm contemplating buying a Nook and would like to have access to all of the Fictionwise & eReader ebooks I've purchased over the years. I also wouldn't mind paring down the number of ebook reader apps on my iPhone as well.
macgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
On the Nook you'll be able to "side-load" your content and manually enter your Name and CC number for each book so that you can read them all on the device. My only concern is whether you can input this info when you install the book, or if you'll have to remember this information when you open it on the Nook. Once installed, I'd prefer I could open it at will.

Either way, the Nook will handle all sources. The iPhone stands alone for being a bit draconian.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
They've been updating the B&N version of ereader continually, so hopefully sideloading ereader/fictionwise pdbs is somewhere on the horizon and they just haven't gotten to it yet.

Quote:
Ironically, I can load up books from fictionwise, Reader, and Barnes&Noble onto my old Palm TX and read them all with the same eReader software.
One wonders what is going to happen with the epub mess. I was excited when the first B&N book I got loaded painlessly into my old ereader software. I was less excited when the second book was in epub format, without warning or any means of knowing prior to purchase and download.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
romit
romit began at the beginning.

Device: none
i dnt hav mch to say abt this......
romit is offline   Reply With Quote