Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
boadiccea
boadiccea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver)
I'm glad I found this site

Hi! I'm new here. My name is Beth, and I'm in Pittsburgh.

I'm so glad this site is here - you all helped me do a lot of research before I decided to get the Sony PRS-505. Bet you didn't even know you'd helped, did ya? This amount of information here is something to behold!

Anyway, figured I'd say "hi" and "thanks."
boadiccea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
Hello Beth and welcome...they did the same for me..information overload and off to the Sony store and picked up a 505 and love it to bits..did you check out the free books on the site yet? Anyways just wanted to say hi and happy reading
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello Beth, welcome to MobileRead. I'm glad that the informations on this site helped you with your research. One and a half year ago i was looking for the right ebook reading device too and MR helped me so much with my decision. Based on the informations provided by all those helpful users here i bought a Sony PRS-505 and have never regretted it.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Beth -- welcome to MobileRead. I own both a Sony and a Kindle and wouldn't willingly part with either one of them. What kind of books do you like to read? Have you discovered the free books available here and from other sites on the Internet?

It's good that MobileRead and the messages posted by our members were helpful in deciding which reader to buy. Now that you've got your reader, you'll find opinions and recommendations on accessories and books as well.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Beth and welcome to MobileRead. I've very pleased the site helped you make a decision. I've had a Sony 505 for over a year and a half and really like it.

Be sure and check out the eBook lending libraries available here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by boadiccea View Post
Hi! I'm new here. My name is Beth, and I'm in Pittsburgh.

I'm so glad this site is here - you all helped me do a lot of research before I decided to get the Sony PRS-505. Bet you didn't even know you'd helped, did ya? This amount of information here is something to behold!

Anyway, figured I'd say "hi" and "thanks."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Hello Beth and welcome...they did the same for me..information overload and off to the Sony store and picked up a 505 and love it to bits..did you check out the free books on the site yet? Anyways just wanted to say hi and happy reading
Welcome you two!! You guys made the right choice! The Sony 505 is AWESOME. What types of books do you enjoy reading? My favorite part about it is that you can check ebooks out from the library!

Have fun!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Welcome! I agree, Beth--I used this forum for the same thing. I didn't even start posting until after I had read everything in the forums first. (ok, not EVERYthing, but you get me, right?)
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Welcome Beth!

I am a two month owner of a Sony PRS-505 and found MR very helpful too. Love the free lovely formatted books here too.

Also, love the reader that you can make the type big enough for "older" eyes to see. Calibre was helpful for that.

Have fun.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #9
boadiccea

Hi, and thanks! I've just started browsing the collections in anticipation of my Sony arriving...the work folks have done is quite impressive!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
boadiccea

Hi Kelly, thanks! I'm a big mystery reader, especially classic mysteries, "cozy" and "village" mysteries. I'm having fun exploring the collection here.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boadiccea View Post
Hi Kelly, thanks! I'm a big mystery reader, especially classic mysteries, "cozy" and "village" mysteries. I'm having fun exploring the collection here.
hi beth, welcome ! i'm glad you've been exploring the ebooks forum here. i love classic mysteries too. we have some really good ones here. some of my favourites are Dorothy L. Sayers (Peter Wimsey mysteries), Anna Katherine Green, SS Van Dine, and Emile Gaboriau, but there are so many i couldn't list them all. did you know you can sort the ebooks by genre ? just use the drop-down list at the top of the page to select mystery.

happy reading !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hi Beth, andName:  pineapple.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  3.2 KB to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Beth!

It's funny how many people MR has helped with their ereading decisions! It did the same for me. We're glad to have you with us. Now that you made your decision, questions might come up about your reader and ereading. Don't hesitate to ask. The members here are wonderfully helpful!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote