Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2023, 01:27 AM   #1
rololbot
rololbot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does anyone have a rootfs i can use?

Does anyone have a rootfs i can use for emulation?
Firmware >= 5.12
Thanks in advance
rololbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 03:50 PM   #2
hanakomisa
Neon, she/her
hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2,3,5, Fire HDX 7"
You can extract rootfses from update files using NiLuJe's KindleTool. as for updates you can grab them straight from Amazon servers, even older versions. For example at the time of writing this is the latest FW for PW3:
Code:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.15.1.bin
You simply need to change the URL link to the version you desire, like
Code:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.12.2.bin
This will work down to roughly 5.8.x range as that's when Amazon started using the new links.
hanakomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2023, 01:41 AM   #3
rololbot
rololbot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How do i emulate it
chrooting doesnt work as i get segfaults and issues with /dev/urandom
compiling everything from scratch wont give me some of the files
I tried the command
Code:
qemu-system-arm -bios ./mt8110_bellatrix/boot.img -device sdhci-pci -drive file=fs,format=raw,id=mysdcard,if=none -device sd-card,drive=mysdcard -machine virt -serial stdio
but it gives no output
rololbot is offline   Reply With Quote