Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Indeed, this rescue firmware solves the problems of corruption.
But it is not fully functional. The CoolReader, for example does not operate.
It would be necessary to issue a firmware update to solve this problem. Although it is the same that was bringing Firefly installed.

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
@TuDo: To recover the frontlight functionality please download and install this firmware:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120930.zip
Is this zipfile password protected?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #18
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
With the M92, it's not necessary to unzip the update file. Put the file on your SD and try to start the update.

Last edited by Randy11; 12-21-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #19
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
With the M92, it's not necessary to unzip the update file. Put the file on your SD and try to start the updated.
It's the same in i62hd (non firefly ) unzip is not needed. So it would be the same in Firefly
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #20
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
I'd like to study the files in there. Therefor I'd like to open and extract the file. So if anyone has the key...
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is'nt a key for this file.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #22
TuDo
TuDo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
@TuDo: To recover the frontlight functionality please download and install this firmware:
Hi Booxtor, Thanks for the fast help with the 'glowing' problem
Can't wait to try it out, but Will have to. My HD from my pc just died, so first have to fix that, but hope to have the firefly glowing again before christmas. I'll let you know if i succeed. Happy hollidays!

Greetings
TuDo
TuDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #23
TuDo
TuDo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD firefly
Christmas came early! Problem solved. Firefly glows again
Thank for the help!
Happy hollidays
TuDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
PubliDD
PubliDD began at the beginning.

Device: Tagux Lux - Onyx firefly clone
Bricked device

Dear all

I had a Tagus Lux device (Onyx Firefly clone, selled by a local Book Store called "Casa del Libro" in Spain). It comes with a nice interface, but based old 1.7 onyx firmware, with tons of bugs
A few days ago, some prepared a update.zip file based on the current Onyx Firefly firmware, on a spanish forum

http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...igth%29/page38

It was tested by some brave users, and they realize it is fully functional, improving or solving bugs. But the guy who prepared the file, showing their best intentions to provide a clean system, linked your recover firmware

proposing to install it before the update.

The result... I tryed it, and my device freezes before finish load, showing status bar full, but freezing and blue light remains on. When I try to update the firm using the update.zip file (tested by other guys, and working ok -thy upload pictures of their devices), the device shows the message "Software update requested...." but after few seconds "No update found, booting device". It remains freezed here, too, with blue light on. Never reboots.
My device is unusable now, as it doesn't boot neither let you update with any firmware... I have also tried to access it trough USB...but any Windows/Linux system detects it.

Could anyone provide any advice...? I'hve even dissasemble it, and found the emmc chip where the data partitions are stored (kingston KE4CN2H5A), but no way to acces it...

Thanks you in advance!
PubliDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
neilayla
neilayla began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox i62 Firefly
PubliDD, the same happens to me today (I'm spanish too), I did the same thing, and I'm trying to install this firmware many times, but nothing happens.
Have you got any solution to our problem already?
neilayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #26
Randy11
Wizard

Have you tried the firmwares gived by Booxtor for the Firefly ?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #27
neilayla

Yes, I did. It was the first step I take yesterday. But thank's for your help
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
vihar
vihar began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX i62HD FIREFLY 8GB / 256MB
Bricked device
It happened to me too.
Someone has a solution?
vihar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #29
neilayla

I've send the ebook to Booxtor yesterday, he says can bring my firefly to life again
The only sad thing is how I miss it!!! But I have his little brother (the i62HD without moonligth) and I'll use my time reorganiziting my book's collection.

But, anyway, I don't know what it's necessary to do, for reparing my ebook. I didn't find any solution searching on the net.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #30
Rutger
Rutger began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 Firefly
Bricked Device i62HD Firefly

Me too,

Device seems not to see any updates any more.

Power on Holding back button.

Splash screen: 4* 3d puzzel pieces (... is that correct ? )

Looking for updates....
no updates found booting device. (system hangs)

now what?
Rutger is offline   Reply With Quote