Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #391
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
if I don't want anything Kobo, and want to avoid the Kobo experience altogether, do I need to log into my Kobo account? I would just prefer to stay in airplane mode and fly solo, also side loading patches, books, etc.

thanks all.
Yes you can fake a registration. But IMHO, I see no reason for doing so. I registered my H2O and I've never done a sync in the 5 years I've owned it. The WiFi has never been on except for registering. So just turn on the WiFi, register and then keep WiFi off. That's the easiest solution.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #392
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW2, Oasis 3
@JSWolf

thanks. sounds like a plan. or maybe fake a registration. I've never been "off the grid" with my ereaders, but I like the idea.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2019, 01:26 AM   #393
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
@JSWolf

thanks. sounds like a plan. or maybe fake a registration. I've never been "off the grid" with my ereaders, but I like the idea.
Kobo does not check the email address when you register your device so that's the easiest way to not give any personal information. Just remember imapseudonym@erewhon.net and annonymous@nehwon.org are already used.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:38 AM   #394
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW2, Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Kobo does not check the email address when you register your device so that's the easiest way to not give any personal information. Just remember imapseudonym@erewhon.net and annonymous@nehwon.org are already used.
10/4

thanks. great tip!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote