Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 06:37 AM   #1
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
Aurora 1

How easily does it connect to overdrive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gal_amy View Post
How easily does it connect to overdrive
I assume you mean Aura One? From my point of view, very easily. Connect to WiFi, go to Setting => OverDrive. Add my account and bob's your uncle. If I borrow a book from the library, it syncs to my Kobo. From the ereader, I would select OverDrive as the search (dropdown at the end of the search bar) and either Borrow or Place a hold. There are other ways to do this, these are simply my preferences.

Please note that your library needs to use OverDrive, not all of them do.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #3
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
Aura 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I assume you mean Aura One? From my point of view, very easily. Connect to WiFi, go to Setting => OverDrive. Add my account and bob's or Place a hold

Please note that your library needs to use OverDrive, not all of them do.
What about the other Kobo's? Are they this easy with using Overdrive?
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gal_amy View Post
What about the other Kobo's? Are they this easy with using Overdrive?
The latest firmware added full Overdrive support to all device that Kobo are currently selling. They will be exactly the same as the Aura ONE. The older devices have partial support. If you have a device with the full OD support, after you do the setup, any books borrowed will also download to the other devices. But, you cannot borrow on them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote