Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
TOC issue with iBooks

I've been working on an ePub in Sigil and loading it to iBooks on my iPad.

So I have a look at it and then edit the file to change and reorder some things, delete the book from iBooks, reup the new ePub.
But when I open it in iBooks, it has the old internal TOC; actually seems to be from the very first version despite several updates and additions.
The pages are there, the html TOC is right, but the internal TOC is wrong.

I guess this might be due to the book being epub2 and iBooks not seeing a new nav file and assuming the TOC has not changed.

Is there some way to make iBooks really delete ALL the info about a book when I delete it and really treat the new upload as a new book?
Or do I really have to make it epub3 for it to work properly?
I tried that, and a new epub3 does update the TOC, but I hate epub3.

-- P.S. Alternatively, how do I make iBooks see each version as a new book? Change the UUID?

Last edited by AlanHK; 08-23-2018 at 08:38 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I have the same issue, even sometimes the book is only updated in my Mac but not in my iThings.

I think is a bug in iBooks.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert