Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
The Inktelligent
Enthusiast
The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M96
Onyx Boox i86 HDML +Frontlight vs Sony Digital Paper (with Video Links)

Hi Everyone!

Following up on the last M96 vs Sony Digital Paper review, I thought I’d also address some questions I seemed to remember regarding the i86 and how it would stack up against the Sony.

So, here are the links to the Onyx Boox i86 HDML + Frontlight vs Sony Digital Paper comparison review:

https://youtu.be/NVaNZvzA4OY -part 1

https://youtu.be/mzLeu8NEYAw -part 2

My opinion of the i86 is actually, despite some issues that come up in part 2 of the video, that it is a very capable little device and packs quite a lot into its 8inch screen size. As you will see both it and the Sony offer some very good features.

Once again, hopefully this video will help those who are undecided.
The Inktelligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
Icey
Connoisseur
Icey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max
Hi and thanks for your great review ! Inreally want to buy a sony reader but im afraid because im reading pef sith small text,

Can you try one of my pdf that is available on internet ? (By pm if necessary) because its the only thing i need to know if i buy it or not
Thanks alot
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 02:23 AM   #3
The Inktelligent
Enthusiast
The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Inktelligent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Hi and thanks for your great review ! Inreally want to buy a sony reader but im afraid because im reading pef sith small text,

Can you try one of my pdf that is available on internet ? (By pm if necessary) because its the only thing i need to know if i buy it or not
Thanks alot
Hi Icey,

Glad you enjoyed the review.

I’ve gotten quite a few questions about how smaller font size is handled on the Digital Paper. So, what I’ve done is prepare this video showing the zooming in function of the Onyx Boox i86, the M96, and the Sony Digital Paper so everyone can see how well each one does with this.
The font size in the video is very, very small (4 point font) and so this almost certainly would be smaller than anything you’d actually try to read

The video can be found at:

https://youtu.be/DgNB-rIyncI

This should give you a good idea of what is possible with these e-readers.
In my opinion, the Sony Digital Paper comes out the worst in this particular test. Although, for a normal font document of 10-12 point font, I really don’t think you would have a problem as you can zoom in sufficiently (see previous M96 and i86 comparison reviews for reference).

Last edited by The Inktelligent; 06-22-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
The Inktelligent
Enthusiast

Fixed the above link - the video is much better with sound.

Tags
digital paper, i86, onyx boox, sony, the inktelligent