Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Find books on device which are NOT in library?

I have discovered that I have more books on my Kindle than I have in my calibre library. A check of one of my collections found one of them -- a sequel was published to what I'd taken as a standalone book, so I made it #1 of a series in Calibre, but on the Kindle I still had the original un-series-ed copy as well as the new series-ed copy (filenames "BOOK.azw3" and "SERIES 01 - BOOK.azw3").

I could trawl through the list by hand, but it would take me a while (I have my entire library on the Kindle, over 3500 books). I could delete and reload, but that would not being able to use my Kindle for about 3 days, extrapolating from upload speeds for smaller numbers of books. Neither solution strikes me as a fun way to spend my time.

Can anyone tell me how I can find books on the Kindle which do NOT have a corresponding file in the Calibre library?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
With the device connected, go to the Device list. Anything without a tick is not in the library. To show just these, use the search:

Code:
inlibrary:false
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
With the device connected, go to the Device list. Anything without a tick is not in the library. To show just these, use the search:

Code:
inlibrary:false
Excellent, thank you very much! Just another of the many features of Calibre I had never discovered...
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:25 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Yes, very useful on several occasions, like synchronization of directories (e.g. ADE or Kindle4PC book folders).
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote