Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
frangelica
frangelica began at the beginning.

Device: nook, palm pre
New Computer, and having trouble finding my Nook dowloads

On my old computer, I had been using Nook Study. It was a bit of a pain, but it enabled me to download my BN books once they did away with that feature.

When I re-installed Study, it no longer logs in. I put in my user name and password, but the hourglass just spins and spins....until it stops.

I downloaded the new Nook for PC, but I can't find the file folder that stores the book files.

Any suggestions out there? I regularly download my books and run them through Calibre but it's getting very irritating to have access blocked!

frangelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am having the same issue. I found my Nook folders under documents but none of my books after 2010 show there and I know my new books have been downloaded via Nook for PC
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I am assuming you are using Windows.

New Nook for PC do you mean the one from the Windows store? If so get rid of that.... well just uninstall it.

You will have to find a copy of the old Nook for PC, install it and your ebooks will be:
Code:
Doucments\My Branes & Noble eBooks\youremailaddress\
Link for the old Nook for PC.

You can try to trick Nook Study by entering you account information , press enter then while it is logging on close the program--do not let it time out-- if it asks do you really want to close, closing will prevent syncing etc,etc, click yes close. Now reopen the program and see if you are logged in.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by frangelica View Post

On my old computer, I had been using Nook Study. It was a bit of a pain, but it enabled me to download my BN books once they did away with that feature.

When I re-installed Study, it no longer logs in. I put in my user name and password, but the hourglass just spins and spins....until it stops.

I downloaded the new Nook for PC, but I can't find the file folder that stores the book files.

Any suggestions out there? I regularly download my books and run them through Calibre but it's getting very irritating to have access blocked!

gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
[QUOTE=Doucments\My Branes & Noble eBooks\youremailaddress\[/QUOTE]

I looked there and none of my books purchased within the past 5 or 6 years are showing up
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
On my win 10 this is where Nook for PC stores ebooks.
Code:
C:\Users\username\Contacts\Documents\My Barnes & Noble eBooks\emailaddress
Note this is for the Nook for PC not the one from the windows store.
bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I looked there and none of my books purchased within the past 5 or 6 years are showing up

Last edited by gbm; 01-28-2018 at 09:11 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
frangelica

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I am assuming you are using Windows.

New Nook for PC do you mean the one from the Windows store? If so get rid of that.... well just uninstall it.

You will have to find a copy of the old Nook for PC, install it and your ebooks will be:
Code:
Doucments\My Branes & Noble eBooks\youremailaddress\
Link for the old Nook for PC.

You can try to trick Nook Study by entering you account information , press enter then while it is logging on close the program--do not let it time out-- if it asks do you really want to close, closing will prevent syncing etc,etc, click yes close. Now reopen the program and see if you are logged in.

bernie
WOW! Thank you so much for that download link. I hated Nook Study, but it was the best I could find when BN shut down the library download abilities.

This is great. Thanks again!

:t hanks::tha nks:

Last edited by frangelica; 01-29-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:33 PM   #7
frangelica

Also, your tip about logging in was spot on!
Old 01-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #8
frangelica

By the way, your tip on logging in was spot-on!