Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Rolech
Rolech began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite*sold/psr300 returned/Kindle2 sold/Sony 600/palm treo 680
Need a KJV Bible for JBL that I can go to Book and Chapter

I need a KJV Bible for JBL that will allow me to navigate to a book and a chapter at least from a table of contents. If I could go to a Book, Chapter and verse that would be even better.
I tried a few uploads from people on this site (Sherman and a KJV Cambridge edition in epub format. They claimed these files did the above but seemed to be using them on Sony Readers. When I put them on my sd card they wouldn't even open, the hour glass just spun around for 1/2 hour and I had to reset the unit.
I just got my JBL and it has the newest firmware (v.15)
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
Rolech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolech View Post
I need a KJV Bible for JBL that will allow me to navigate to a book and a chapter at least from a table of contents. If I could go to a Book, Chapter and verse that would be even better.
I tried a few uploads from people on this site (Sherman and a KJV Cambridge edition in epub format. They claimed these files did the above but seemed to be using them on Sony Readers. When I put them on my sd card they wouldn't even open, the hour glass just spun around for 1/2 hour and I had to reset the unit.
I just got my JBL and it has the newest firmware (v.15)
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
You might want to get a set organized in separate files by book and chapter and then put each into separate directories and subdirectories.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Rolech
Rolech began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite*sold/psr300 returned/Kindle2 sold/Sony 600/palm treo 680
Thank You DJ, that would seem to make sense. Several drawbacks for me- the time and knowledge how to do that are lacking. Seems like I'm understanding from other posts that JBL just doesn't have the basic functionality of being able to read a table of contents and then a chpt can be chosen from that place. As I mentioned someone on this site (Sherman) did that with a Bible-(created a TOC) in epub and it worked on his Sony 300/500. Jack on JBL forum says JBL/Alluratec Libre do not support this function. While I understand what your suggesting is a little different than a TOC, ie seperate files for book and chpt, it's to much work as their are 66 Books in KJV bible and I don't know how many chptrs (avg 10?) that would=660-700 seperate files! And what about other nonnovel type books ie. cookbooks, collected works, reference books? Just to limiting to make up for a simple solution that even your Blackberry & my old Palm does.. so I bought a Sony psr300 instead, and am going to sell my JBL on ebay.
Thank you for your time and help and suggestion.
Rolech
Rolech is offline   Reply With Quote