Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast
nitrocuadam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any improvements on the dictionary?

Hello people
Any improvements on the dictionary so far?

I want a dictionary just as the same as Prs-600.I mean I want to check the word on the same page.

I'd written the same thing before but I just wanted to know if there are some improvements by the help of the improvements on the firmware.

Thanks
nitrocuadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I'm not sure what you are asking.
Right now if I want to look up a word on the current page I'm reading, I call up the menu and tap the Lookup. This brings up a half-page for the dictionary and let's me select any word on the page. Then is shows me the definition.
I tap the "x" to get rid of the dictionary half-page.
Is this the behavior you are looking for?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
I think on the Sony 600 you just double tap a word and the definition pops up. No need to use menu.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
I think on the Sony 600 you just double tap a word and the definition pops up. No need to use menu.
Yesssss that's what I want on Onyx
Old 03-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
egridou
egridou began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Me too. Very big point here. The dictionnary use needs huge improvement. Actually the only negative thing I have to say about the boox for me.
egridou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #6
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast

Hey people!

Are there any news about this topic?

Cya
Old 04-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #7
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
No, the latest firmware for Bebook Neo and Onyx Boox 60 (1.3) doesn't improve the dictionary.
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote