Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #61
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Awesome update!

I have updated today and I'm very happy. Finally I don't have to use additional apps to make the most out of the reader. The only app which is still a must for me is "Buttons remapper". I use it to assign actions to the physical menu button, task switch on press, open android settings app on long press.

The caveats
The firmware has bugs if started with other launcher than the default. I got ReLaunchX after upgrade and two major issues happened:
1. The app optimisation for native apps did not work
2. The touch-disable icon (the hand) on the android task bar did disable touch and did not allow to enable it again, reboot was required to get touch working again.

Lucking all works well when using the native launcher app and it's actually quite good. I like the native launcher. The "Storage" screen has improved enough to be quite handy (they could allow to decrease the font and icon size to make it even more practical - it's unnecessarily such big!)

I really like the new e-ink refresh modes. The "speed mode" looks and behaves really well. Of course I also got surprised how nice movie plays in the new "X mode" but I'm not impressed by watching movies in B&W.

EDIT:
Deleted rant about Supermemo Actually there was an update of the app on Play store which fixed the issue.

Last edited by plusz; 12-29-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention another caveat
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:36 AM   #62
MachinaCarnis
MachinaCarnis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
Just updated the Nova Pro. The refresh was no more working. I had to restart it an other time after the installation reboot and it solved the problem. The system is better than before, faster refresh. Apps seem going better. The ball is not a problem and is easy to configure in the Apps section. I am just sad I did not find how to modify the Justification type when reading a book. This option was shown as a new feature in the Youtube video but I don't see it.
MachinaCarnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2019, 06:32 PM   #63
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...r-freezes/2202

I don't recall having this problem before updating the firmware but am not positive. I am still having the problem with bluetooth failing to stay connected occasionally after sleep. This is new since the firmware update.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote