Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #46
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Don't know where it is. It was shown with 8 pages on startup. It wasn't really specific. Don't think it is legal in Europe.
I believe the information you may be referring to is found in the Privacy Policy.

Go to Settings. Tap on the Forward arrow in the circle to the right of the Android Version number. Then tap on Other Information. Then tap on Privacy Policy.

There are 6 pages of information there. Much of it looks pretty standard to me, but then I don't have much expertise in this field. Generally, I share as little information as possible.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #47
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
from what i've been seeing, pretty good the update, the only downside is that consumes around 300mb more of ram
Anyone else noticed that increment on the RAM usage? I still didnt update, and if the update implies more RAM consumption I will keep using my actusl version. 2GB RAM is threshold right now. Lets see what happens when android 9 arrives with the next update
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #48
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
Anyone else noticed that increment on the RAM usage? I still didnt update, and if the update implies more RAM consumption I will keep using my actusl version. 2GB RAM is threshold right now. Lets see what happens when android 9 arrives with the next update
Last firmware is 2.2.1 and Android remains 6.0.1.
Only Onyx Note 2 and Max 3 have Android 9 at the moment.
Personally I don't think Onyx Note and Onyx Nova will receive Android 9 precisely because the 2 gb ram.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #49
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
Last firmware is 2.2.1 and Android remains 6.0.1.
Only Onyx Note 2 and Max 3 have Android 9 at the moment.
Personally I don't think Onyx Note and Onyx Nova will receive Android 9 precisely because the 2 gb ram.
They said so, and it should be in maybe a month from now.

Btw, did you noticed the increment on ram requeriment with the last update?
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #50
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
They said so, and it should be in maybe a month from now.

Btw, did you noticed the increment on ram requeriment with the last update?
No, I didn't notice a reduction in Note's performance or increment on ram requirement
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #51
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Bluetooth problem since the update

Since I applied the update, bluetooth has been turning off during sleep but not every time. I'm not even sure it has to do with the length of sleep time. I'm running a keep-alive utility that has always worked. Has this been a problem for anyone else?
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #52
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
I just updated my Note Pro and I don't like the navigation ball being on by default. What can I do so I don't see it anymore?
Can I go back to the previous release?
If I do a factory reset, will that do it?

This new update is not for me if I can't get rid of the navigation ball. It's too distracting when reading.
Thinking about factory reset if I can't solve this.

Thank you for your input
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:41 AM   #53
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth90 View Post
I just updated my Note Pro and I don't like the navigation ball being on by default. What can I do so I don't see it anymore?
I setup to button 3 "NaviDot" and so it is very easy to deactivate it after booting.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:40 AM   #54
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I setup to button 3 "NaviDot" and so it is very easy to deactivate it after booting.
Thanks for the tip!
I deactivated the navigation dot. Too distracting while reading.

I also noticed that the update added the bookmark sign at the upper right of the page of the book you are reading. It wasn't there before. I don't know if that can be turned off. I doubt it.

New releases don't always bring improvements. It's a matter of taste.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #55
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth90 View Post
I also noticed that the update added the bookmark sign at the upper right of the page of the book you are reading. It wasn't there before. I don't know if that can be turned off. I doubt it.
Open a book with NeoReader, the native reading app. Tap the middle of the screen to bring up the various options. Tap the three lines in the right corner beside the "magnifying glass" icon. Select Settings. Select Global Settings. Uncheck the "Show bookmark location" box.

That will get rid of the bookmark icon. However, you will still be able to bookmark pages by tapping in the location where it was previously shown. When you bookmark a page, the bookmark icon will be visible. When you unbookmark a page, it will disappear.

Overall, I quite like the new update and am preferring it to the previous firmware version. But, whenever there is a change to firmware, there is always an adjustment period as you have to figure out how to do the things which you could do before.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #56
barth90
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Open a book with NeoReader, the native reading app. Tap the middle of the screen to bring up the various options. Tap the three lines in the right corner beside the "magnifying glass" icon. Select Settings. Select Global Settings. Uncheck the "Show bookmark location" box.

That will get rid of the bookmark icon. However, you will still be able to bookmark pages by tapping in the location where it was previously shown. When you bookmark a page, the bookmark icon will be visible. When you unbookmark a page, it will disappear.

Overall, I quite like the new update and am preferring it to the previous firmware version. But, whenever there is a change to firmware, there is always an adjustment period as you have to figure out how to do the things which you could do before.
Thank you.
I agree with you. Now that I have gotten rid of the navdot and the empty bookmark I am OK with the new release
Old 12-20-2019, 01:36 AM   #57
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
All application now start in full screen.
Is there a way to keep the notification bar on?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #58
JurriaanK
JurriaanK began at the beginning.

Device: boox note pro, auro h2o
Quote:
Should this remove that ugly rond button-like icon that is hovering over every page when reading? If so, please tell me in more words what you mean by 'setup to button 3 "NaviDot" ' as I'd like to get rid of that icon, but can't understand what you mean here.
JurriaanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:08 AM   #59
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
You can setup the App NaviDot and there the buttons function and to disable NaviDot.
I have setup to one of these Bottons the App NaviDot.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:54 PM   #60
JurriaanK
JurriaanK began at the beginning.

Device: boox note pro, auro h2o
Quote:
You can setup the App NaviDot and there the buttons function and to disable NaviDot.
I have setup to one of these Bottons the App NaviDot.
JurriaanK is offline   Reply With Quote