Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2019, 09:01 AM   #31
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
I am with the update as now dropbox sync is back to work ..
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #32
bsabiston
Enthusiast
bsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one hand

Device: kindle
Is there any way to get rid of that icon they put in the Notes section at the upper left? What is the point of that? You can no longer have a completely blank surface, and it does exactly the same thing as pushing the physical button. That was a stupid change to make, IMO. It's right where I start writing, and I don't see any way to move it. Or just get rid of it altogether.

Also -- now that the tools are at the top, it no longer scales the image so that you can see the whole thing. The tools cover up the drawing/writing. Is there any way to put the tools back the way they were?

I like some of the new features, but as it always seems to be the case with updates, they broke some stuff that I liked, too.
bsabiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #33
Physdoc
Physdoc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Go to Network to be sure you are not connected to more than one
Physdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:26 AM   #34
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
When will come update for Poke Pro?
The firmware update for Poke Pro will be available next week.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #35
LightReader
LightReader began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Here's a screenshot of the new Notes layout on my Nova Pro.
Thank you for this. I'll wait on until the next firmware for them to fix it.
LightReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2019, 11:11 PM   #36
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
where we can disable the full screen option for the apps?

can't see it on the ball
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:22 PM   #37
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
where we can disable the full screen option for the apps?

can't see it on the ball
Open up the Navigation Ball app from the apps area. For one of the buttons enable the "Full Screen" option. Then when you are in a third party app, press the "Full Screen" button when you want to disable the full screen. Press it again to enable the full screen.

However, for some apps, it doesn't seem possible to disable the full screen. Not sure why. Can be frustrating. However, a double tap on the Navigation Ball will bring you to the Home Screen as I learnt from another poster in this thread and then read in the Navigation Ball app.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:19 AM   #38
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Open up the Navigation Ball app from the apps area. For one of the buttons enable the "Full Screen" option. Then when you are in a third party app, press the "Full Screen" button when you want to disable the full screen. Press it again to enable the full screen.

However, for some apps, it doesn't seem possible to disable the full screen. Not sure why. Can be frustrating. However, a double tap on the Navigation Ball will bring you to the Home Screen as I learnt from another poster in this thread and then read in the Navigation Ball app.
thanks! that solved it.

also playing a bit, discovered the apps that doesn't support "non full screen" mode, it's because they are running on a high dpi setting used for phones, the default of the device is 350.

Every app I tried, started to have available the non full screen mode after changing the DPI settings to around 250

from what i've been seeing, pretty good the update, the only downside is that consumes around 300mb more of ram

Last edited by whopper; 12-01-2019 at 08:30 AM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:08 AM   #39
uniqdom
uniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it is

Device: Boox Max3
Current ROM version has october 5 2018 Android security patches. That is a year and two months of vulnerabilities. Please consider the security and privacy of your users in your next ROM update.
uniqdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #40
lvlrdka22
lvlrdka22 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Can anyone with a Note/Note+ (possibly Note Pro/Max2/Max2 Pro will work) upgraded check if adb reboot-bootloader actually gets in the bootloader, and it allows unlocking?
I'm still on Marshmallow, and I don't want to upgrade unless I can still root it. Currently, adb reboot-bootloader lands me in Mask ROM mode.
lvlrdka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #41
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
They tried to push a data collection and spying firmware. The privacy notes are shown after rebooting the device.

Didn't know Onyx would mutate to a data spying company ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:09 PM   #42
LightReader
LightReader began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
Did you mean they show a note for a new privacy policy? Can you somehow post the whole policy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
They tried to push a data collection and spying firmware. The privacy notes are shown after rebooting the device.

Didn't know Onyx would mutate to a data spying company ...
LightReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:13 AM   #43
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
All Chinese companies are mandated by the government to assist with mass surveillance, I wouldn't blame Onyx for that. Any major Chinese brand and certainly all the no-name stuff will be full of spyware.

Some the devices I've had open ports to IP addresses (rather than DNS names) and send all sorts of data. I had a root exploit which worked on the previous firmware version, I guess I could try it on the new one - maybe it would be possible to disable any spyware if you could find it.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:11 AM   #44
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
Damn, looks like they've fixed dirty.cow in this release.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #45
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightReader View Post
Did you mean they show a note for a new privacy policy? Can you somehow post the whole policy here?

Don't know where it is. It was shown with 8 pages on startup. It wasn't really specific. Don't think it is legal in Europe.

I did complain to info@onyx-international.com. You should do the same.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote