Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #16
LightReader
LightReader began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
I can see the upgrade notification on Nova Pro now. Can you someone please post a screenshot on how the UI for the notes screen looks now? Still deciding if I should upgrade. I really like the capability to password protect notes but looks like the upgraded toolbar for notes is not as intuitive as per some comments.
LightReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #17
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
Fast mode + contrast is amazing ! Previously I had some apps in A2, some normal, some with whiten background all very variable. Now I just put the device into 'Fast' mode and push the contrast up to 30 and every app works great - very readable and fast scrolling.

I don't how the devs came up with these new modes but Fast is superb for most Android apps.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #18
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightReader View Post
I can see the upgrade notification on Nova Pro now. Can you someone please post a screenshot on how the UI for the notes screen looks now? Still deciding if I should upgrade. I really like the capability to password protect notes but looks like the upgraded toolbar for notes is not as intuitive as per some comments.
Here's a screenshot of the new Notes layout on my Nova Pro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191125-193607.png
Views:	207
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	175141  
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:44 AM   #19
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Why I still couldn't see the update notification on my Nova Pro? Went to system - device - system update, it showed my system is up-to-date.

Any idea?
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:29 AM   #20
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Firmware 2.2.1 OTA updates for Nova Pro, Max2, Max2 Pro and Note Plus are available now.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2019, 05:44 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Boox View Post
Firmware 2.2.1 OTA updates for Nova Pro, Max2, Max2 Pro and Note Plus are available now.
When will it be available for Poke Pro?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #22
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
I can see it now if i switch language from italian/english to chinese.
Should we use this one or wait for an international version ?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #23
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I can see it now if i switch language from italian/english to chinese.
Should we use this one or wait for an international version ?
Please wait for the international version.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:18 AM   #24
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
"(Android 9.0 OS and the split view feature are temporarily not available)"

is it no possible to see two books in the same time?
I've been waiting so long that function
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #25
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
I also want to add another note regarding Full Screen not being adjustable in App Optimization anymore. This is a huge mistake.

What you've done is forced any options that can be adjusted through the top menu to be needed to be done through the navigation ball and there are only 5 options in the navigation ball.

There is currently no way to swipe down to get to the drop down menu as you would in any normal Android tablet so any options such as Wifi, bluetooth or changing your keyboard can not be accessed when the Full Screen is forced for every app.

As someone else noted you now need to go to the navigation ball and add the full screen function there to turn full screen off which is ridiculous. Fix what you've broken with the app optimizations. Its very annoying to use the device currently. I'd warn others not to update if they haven't already
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #26
Tutek
Tutek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I have problem downloading 2.2.1 firmware to Nova Pro I get an error: "Download Failed Please check the network to download again, do not disconnect the network or standby sleep during download". But while I get this error I use laptop on the same wifi and I don't have any issue with network. please help.
Tutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #27
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I managed to update my Note - I think the unit was too close to the modem and would download a bit, drop off, a bit more and drop off again.

I moved the Note further away from the modem and I got a big chunk and finally finished.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:09 AM   #28
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
My plain Nova got the update this morning. I wasn't sure about this Navigation Ball thing, but it has won me over. I like being able to make optimization changes from within an app, to see immediately how the app will look and function. The update looks good to me so far.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:12 AM   #29
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Firmware update for Note, Note S, Nova Plus and Nova is available now.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:38 AM   #30
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Firmware update for Note, Note S, Nova Plus and Nova is available now.
When will come update for Poke Pro?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote