Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-21-2019, 05:53 AM   #1
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Announcement: Firmware V2.2.1 Update is released now

Firmware V2.2.1 Update for Note Pro is released now. It is only available for OTA update and the local update will be available later. Please kindly update to the latest firmware via Settings/ Firmware Update on your Boox Note Pro. Updates for other models, Nova Pro, Max2 Pro and other devices, are coming soon. Please be patient.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Loving it already! You guys rock! Looking forward to getting the update on my other devices.

P.S. Please seriously consider coming out with a phone. Although I have a Hisense A2 Pro and am hoping to get the new A5, I would much rather have such a device with your firmware on it.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #3
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3

Me no got update.

I need a Bronx Cheer emoji.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
I was just about to ask if anyone else has seen this update pop up on their device. Just saw it on my Note Pro today but didn't see anything on the site about it. Nice!
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #5
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Announcement: Firmware V2.2.1 Update is released now
Could you please put the model that these announcements apply to in the thread title. This would mean that we don't end up opening a thread (and getting our hopes up) only to discover it applies only to a different model from the one(s) we own.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Question

On the Note Pro after the update, in the apps section if I hold down on an app I now only have the options of Delete and Manage for each app and Optimize is gone. Is the only way to optimize an apps setting by using the Navigation Ball now. I would note that your "auto" optimizations settings are never the best for me so not being able to easily fix an app so it looks the way I would like is super annoying. Not sure why this disappeared. Please add it back in the next update.

Also when will NeoReader get the ability to tell you when the end of the current chapter is near rather than just the end of the book? The app obviously knows where the chapter ends because its in the TOC its just not available at the bottom of the page which would be very useful to a reader.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #7
junkyardwillie
Addict

And also it seems like in Optimization under the Navigation Ball a lot of the old options are gone now which is annoying. Why is there no ability to adjust the Contrast by app? I see there is a Global Contrast function on the home page but now I can't adjust the Contrast by app? Come on

Edit: I found it, its called Gamma now under enhance Font Color
Old 11-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #8
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, some of the changes to the optimization function are a bit disappointing.

For most apps, I like to uncheck the Full Screen feature so that I can easily get out of an app and back to the home screen.

Before, this process was relatively straightforward.

Now, I have to enable the Full Screen option on the Navigation Ball and then press it when inside the app. It seems counter intuitive to be pressing Full Screen when you want to be exiting Full Screen mode. It also doesn't work for some apps. Which means you often have to press the physical Back button to escape from the app, sometimes you have to do this multiple times to get out of an app.

There really should be a Home Screen option available for the Navigation Ball.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #9
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
There are v. 2.2.1 in chinese Onyx forum for some more models. Download is via Baidu though.

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn/forum.php
I am using baiduwp to download from there.
(The first field is for web adress and second one is for a password, as Onyx puts it on baidu.)

Last edited by Neru; 11-22-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:34 AM   #10
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Boox Nova Pro & Kindle Scribe
That's a lof of changes and improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
There really should be a Home Screen option available for the Navigation Ball.
Double click the ball to go back to the home screen.
Hrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #11
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrod View Post
Double click the ball to go back to the home screen.
Wow!! That works!! Problem solved!!

Old 11-24-2019, 07:17 AM   #12
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
There are v. 2.2.1 in chinese Onyx forum for some more models. Download is via Baidu though.

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn/forum.php
I am using baiduwp to download from there.
(The first field is for web adress and second one is for a password, as Onyx puts it on baidu.)
I couldnt succeed with Poke Pro:
"Server maintenance, temporarily unable to download"
since 3 days!
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:42 AM   #13
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I couldnt succeed with Poke Pro:
"Server maintenance, temporarily unable to download"
since 3 days!
That is weird indeed, it also does not work for me anymore. Most likely the site is not maintained enough. I did use it a lot of times before and it provided a full-speed download. There are other methods using IDM and some Greasyfork scripts but I never had a success.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #14
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
That is weird indeed, it also does not work for me anymore. Most likely the site is not maintained enough. I did use it a lot of times before and it provided a full-speed download. There are other methods using IDM and some Greasyfork scripts but I never had a success.
Can you describe other methods?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #15
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Boox View Post
Firmware V2.2.1 Update for Note Pro is released now. It is only available for OTA update and the local update will be available later. Please kindly update to the latest firmware via Settings/ Firmware Update on your Boox Note Pro. Updates for other models, Nova Pro, Max2 Pro and other devices, are coming soon. Please be patient.
will plain Nova receive the upgrade as well ?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote