Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #766
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Lately when I go to any Amazon page I get an extremely annoying drop-down from the "Prime" link in the status bar. It doesn't have a close button. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds, sometimes not. Sometimes clicking elsewhere on the page dismisses it, sometimes not. When I "buy" a free book or use Overdrive to borrow a Kindle book, the dropdown blocks the purchase/download dialog.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:58 AM   #767
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
My Kobo's USB port got jumbled up last month and now I hafta press down on the Microusb everytime i charge and the worst part is that if I leave it charging with something heavy on top of the plug then for some reason it spontaneously factory resets and so I have to charge while reading AND IT SUCKS!!!
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #768
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
My Kobo's USB port got jumbled up last month and now I hafta press down on the Microusb everytime i charge and the worst part is that if I leave it charging with something heavy on top of the plug then for some reason it spontaneously factory resets and so I have to charge while reading AND IT SUCKS!!!
I suspect I'd call that BROKEN, and I'd start looking for a new reader.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #769
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still going strong though. 90% as I type.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:29 AM   #770
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
I am on my second Kobo; I ruined the first by applying a hack I found online which was meant to 'improve' certain things, but which ultimately killed it!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2020, 10:02 AM   #771
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
My bloody URL bar search has gone wonk. and before anyone says this or that, YES, I've gone into Chrome settings, YES my search is set to Google, etc.

But, the moment I start to type a search query into the URL bar, it switches to my ISP's search engine, which blows chunks.

I am pulling my hair out, as I use this all damned day long. I tried switching to my preferred go-to, Duck Duck Go, but nuttin. Still my damned ISP.

What the holy hell is happening?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:06 PM   #772
Elektron
Banned

oooooooof
Old 09-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #773
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Instead of typing the query into the URL bar (which I know is easiest, and yes, I do it too) you could type in the address www.google.com (or which ever) and then type the search lower, on their search bar.

If that works, maybe just keep a window open on the google page?

I'm willing to believe that yous ISP might hijack that actual google address too, but it's worth a try.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:38 PM   #774
Elektron
Banned

My Kobo won't support PEAP. I'm stuck without WiFi for half the day.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #775
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Instead of typing the query into the URL bar (which I know is easiest, and yes, I do it too) you could type in the address www.google.com (or which ever) and then type the search lower, on their search bar.

If that works, maybe just keep a window open on the google page?

I'm willing to believe that yous ISP might hijack that actual google address too, but it's worth a try.
Hey, badgood:

Well, hell, I could do that, but for my "search page," I mean, for a full-fledged search page, I typically use DuckDuckGo. Google is...well, you can't really rely on Google's search algorithm in some areas. If you're searching for, say, "cotton sheets" or something shopping-wise, they're fine, but for anything else, you need to use multiple sources. They're unreliable. I simply use the URL bar search to go to places that I already know, or know some of the URL, or...if that makes sense.

It's weird, it appears to have resolved itself by midday yesterday, but...what the high holy hell?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #776
Elektron
Banned

That... is weird
Old 09-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #777
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My main PC finally got the 2004 update. WHY does every YYMM update have to undo all of my folder customizations???
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #778
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
My main PC finally got the 2004 update. WHY does every YYMM update have to undo all of my folder customizations???
Because you're in the same boat as me

Mostly I use a circa 2014 3rd party file mangle, and I only do a couple of File Explorer tweaks, details for everything and show hidden files.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #779
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Ignoring the decapitated baseball player, is this really the best they can do to put CGI fans in? https://twitter.com/jessespector/sta...929333249?s=21
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:08 PM   #780
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
For the last month or so my Moto G7 Power phone has had extremely unstable WiFi. I'd tried one of the suggestions on the Web (resetting the network stack) but it made little if any difference.

Today as I was starting to think I might have to buy a new phone (I'm a BYOD user on a prepaid account) I thought I'd try one more option; disabling WiFi scan throttling in developer settings.

Woot. Stable WiFi!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote