Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
any 6"/8" reader?

did I get it correctly that Onyx is no longer offering 6" or 8" reader?
at least i couldn't find one.
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
http://www.onyx-international.com/

i86HD\i86 Plus 8"

Kepler Pro 6"

T68 6.8"

C67 (a bunch of versions) 6"

https://onyxboox.com/

Amundsen 6"

Vasco da Gama 6"

Monte Cristo 6"
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
lepau
Connoisseur

thanks
anyone aware of a shop in Germany / Europe?
(ereader-store seems to not have them)
Old 07-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
thanks
anyone aware of a shop in Germany / Europe?
(ereader-store seems to not have them)
Send a PM to Booxter and ask what he has available for sale.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
lepau
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Send a PM to Booxter and ask what he has available for sale.
had sent several mails to his shop -> no response
Advert
Old 07-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
had sent several mails to his shop -> no response
Actually I replied to all messages asking for infos to 6" and 8" devices. I noticed, that some email services like e.g. Hotmail just are blocking emails from our store as spam. I cannot figure out , how to solve the problem.

To the smaller devices offers. In a couple of days we are going to offer two new 6" models: C67ML CARTA 2+ and KEPLER PRO. According to UPS tomorrow they will arrive in our warehouse. The new T68 Carta (improved version of T68) should be available in August. For the 8" device there are currently no screens available by PVI. We are waiting for availability of them too as many of our customers do.

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-13-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I always check for spam for false positives as no spam filter is 100% perfect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #8
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
[QUOTE=Booxtor;3551872 The new T68 Carta (improved version of T68) should be available in August. For the 8" device there are currently no screens available by PVI. We are waiting for availability of them too as many of our customers do.[/QUOTE]

Will it have usb otg?
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:21 AM   #9
lepau
Connoisseur

is there sth. like a comparison chart somewhere showing the differences between the devices?
what does Carta mean? (sorry for my ignorance)
Old 07-14-2017, 06:20 AM   #10
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
is there sth. like a comparison chart somewhere showing the differences between the devices?
what does Carta mean? (sorry for my ignorance)
The only one that I know of is this one on the Russian site -- which needs to be translated (e.g. by Chrome or Google Translate), and means you have to deal with the (near-pervasive) naming differences (and occasional minor spec differences) of the Russian site.

E-ink technologies (eink.com):
Quote:
E Ink Carta™ delivers a dramatic 50% increase in contrast over earlier generations, giving displays a contrast ratio close to that of a paperback book.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #11
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Actually I replied to all messages asking for infos to 6" and 8" devices. I noticed, that some email services like e.g. Hotmail just are blocking emails from our store as spam. I cannot figure out , how to solve the problem.

To the smaller devices offers. In a couple of days we are going to offer two new 6" models: C67ML CARTA 2+ and KEPLER PRO. According to UPS tomorrow they will arrive in our warehouse. The new T68 Carta (improved version of T68) should be available in August. For the 8" device there are currently no screens available by PVI. We are waiting for availability of them too as many of our customers do.
Hello Booxtor,
can you let us know some more details? or when do they will be available on your page?

thx
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:34 AM   #12
lepau
Connoisseur

i don't get it:
what's the actual difference between a Kepler pro and a C67ML Carta2 + ?
(apart form the android version and the price)
the size?

what would be a relevant advantag for choosing either of them?

Last edited by lepau; 07-22-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #13
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
Hello Booxtor,
can you let us know some more details? or when do they will be available on your page?

thx
Excessively large images deleted by moderator. Please attach large images as thumbnails.

Specs of Kepler Pro

Specs of C67ML Series:

Both devices offer the newest SNOW Field screen refresh technology.

From technical viewpoint the difference between Kepler Pro and C67 ML Carta2+ is:

RAM: Kepler Pro 1Gb vs C67ML 512MB
Storage: Kepler Pro 16GB vs 8 GB
Bluetooth: KeplerPro yes vs C67 No

There also are some differences in design. Kepler Pro has got metal alloy housing, waterproof according to http://www.hzo.com/ standard, flat panel screen (with protective Dragontrail Asahi glass layer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpbOoQpwAFs), and two physical buttons on the side edges of the device. Those buttons can be used as volume, page turn or home/back buttons.
All in all both devices are high end class reading devices, but Kepler feels a little bit more noble.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-23-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #14
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I have a C67ML Carta 2, and all the specs are the same as mine.

What I'm wondering is why it is now called the Carta 2+. I assume that the "+" means that something is changed. Any info on what?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #15
Mage3
Enthusiast
Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta series
@Booxtor thanks for sharing the specs! Onyx Int. sales is reluctant to release factory tools / firmware images for readers with Snow Field support. Do you happen to know when it might become available for users who have bricked devices?

@downeaster59 according to the Russian distributor, Carta+ / Carta2+ readers support Snow Field waveform technology which is an attempt to reduce ghosting for rockchip devices - just what Regal does for Freescale readers (E Ink Carta specs sheet).

When Snow Field is enabled in OReader and Onyx Neo Reader 2, the screen refreshes with every page turn, but the screen is not filled with black, so there's no "blinking" any more. White pixels remain white, black pixels disappear (turn white), gray pixels first turn black and then disappear. 3rd-party apps won't have SF support
Mage3 is offline   Reply With Quote