Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #106
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thanks for the new version!

I like the new UI, but I seem to have lost some customization, and the right-click to bring up the customization box doesn't seem to work anymore, at least on Mac. Is there another way to customize?

I opened the .json file and am still able to add to and reorder the choices that things get changed to, e.g., "span_changes" to "i", "b", etc. I can add to and reorder the latter.

However, I had also added "h1_changes", "h2_changes", etc., and this doesn't seem to work anymore.

Suggestions? Thanks!

(I am on Mac 10.3.6 and Sigil 1.4.0 build 698 if that makes a difference)
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #107
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Open menu Edit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tag_mechanic_customization.png
Views:	188
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	182864  
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #108
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
However, I had also added "h1_changes", "h2_changes", etc., and this doesn't seem to work anymore.

Suggestions? Thanks!

(I am on Mac 10.3.6 and Sigil 1.4.0 build 698 if that makes a difference)
Hmmm...iIt shouldn't have stepped on any pre-existing customizations you had. I'll have to look into that.

Please make sure that you can still customize things to you liking now that Becky let you know how to bring up the edit/config dialog.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:48 PM   #109
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I recall correctly, you always had to manually add new tags to the main tag list in the Python code itself. Which means you have to remember to redo that whenever you upgrade the plugin. Your "h1_changes", "h2_changes" will still be preserved in your preferences file, but you still need to go back into the plugin's Python code and add your extra tags in the taglist list after updating. This used to be near the top of the plugin.py file, but now can be found near the top of the "utilities.py code. Once you add your various h tags there, your pre-existing "h1_changes", "h2_changes", etc... should get picked up and used.

I forgot for a minute that adding tags was such a PITA (and had to be redone after upgrades). But I did take steps to make sure you could add then in one single place, and would't lose your change_prefs when updating the plugin.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #110
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aha! That's probably it. I checked the .json, but I didn't make any changes in the python code. I will do that when I get a chance. Thanks!

Thanks also to BeckyEbook. Turns out in Mac, it's Python > Preferences or simply command-comma.

Last edited by odamizu; 10-18-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Advert
Old 10-18-2020, 05:54 PM   #111
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I don't quite recall why I can't make it any easier to add tags and have them be persistent preferences that can survive updates. I just remember there's some sort of significant hurdle there. All I could do at the time was mitigate the trauma involved.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:56 PM   #112
odamizu
just an egg

Success! Editing utilities.py worked like a charm. Thank you!

Is there an easy way for me to make the default size of the Plugin Runner box smaller? It's a lot bigger now compared to the way it was in the previous version and covers a big portion of my Sigil screen.

ETA: Missed your comment above. I'm content to edit the python code myself. I like learning these things

Last edited by odamizu; 10-18-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:20 PM   #113
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Is there an easy way for me to make the default size of the Plugin Runner box smaller? It's a lot bigger now compared to the way it was in the previous version and covers a big portion of my Sigil screen.
Not sure about that to be honest. But I have a feeling there's not. We can shrink it considerably when running this plugin, though. You just have to edit the plugin.xml file in Tagmechanic's folder and set both the <autostart> and <autoclose> values to true. You may have to restart Sigil as well, if it was open.

Unfortunately, that won't survive a plugin update either. But I promise that those true values will be the defaults in the near future. I just wanted to make sure the data there was handy while we work the kinks out of this new version. Then I'll minimize the Plugin Runner dialog by default.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-18-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:50 PM   #114
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
I just installed Tag Mechanic v0.5.0.

When I ran it via Calibre this error message immediately popped up.

Spoiler:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\dialogs.py", line 15, in <module>
from PySide2.QtCore import Qt, QByteArray, QCoreApplication, QLibraryInfo, QTimer, QTranslator, qVersion
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PySide2'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Prog1\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.p y", line 134, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
from dialogs import launch_gui
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\dialogs.py", line 22, in <module>
from PyQt5.QtCore import Qt, QByteArray, QCoreApplication, QLibraryInfo, QTimer, QTranslator, qVersion
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
Error: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
I have a feeling PyQt5 plugins have always been a bit flaky when run in Sigil spawned by Calibre prior to Sigil v1.3. I know they were always flaky when using an external Python interpreter on Windows. prior to v1.3.

I believe this to be the commit (first appearing in v1.3) that fixes the issue.

The bottom line is that I can't time travel. The 0.5.1 version of TagMechanic will work for you if you don't launch Sigil from calibre. The ability to run the new TagMechanic (or any other PyQt5 plugin) in a Sigil launched by Calibre's Open With will be waiting for you whenever you update to Sigil v1.3+
Old 10-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #115
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Not sure about that to be honest. But I have a feeling there's not. We can shrink it considerably when running this plugin, though. You just have to edit the plugin.xml file in Tagmechanic's folder and set both the <autostart> and <autoclose> values to true. You may have to restart Sigil as well, if it was open ...
I think I used incorrect terminology in my question because your answer to set <autostart> and <autoclose> to true did exactly what I wanted!

TagMechanic is now doing everything the way I want it to, and the UI looks great doing it!

Old 10-18-2020, 09:12 PM   #116
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the previous version that I was using (0.4.4) the three pull downs Tag name, Having the attribute, and Change tag to would also let me type over what was in them. So I could, for example, change all h1 tags to h2. Is there any way to change arbitrary tags like that now?
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:51 PM   #117
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

There was never any intentional ability to type over stuff in the drop downs. If that ever worked, it was entirely accidental. I would think that would break all the logic behind the ui. Are you sure this is the plugin you're thinking of?
Old 10-18-2020, 10:03 PM   #118
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

The answer is no, by the way. That won't work in the new version. That it ever did in the old one was a complete accident. There are ways to edit that tags it can accommodate, and to augment the attributes searched for (as well as modify the tags they can be changed into) that don't work by accident.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:28 AM   #119
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated to v0.5.1. This was only a fix to allow the plugin to work with versions of Sigil earlier than v1.3.0. There is no conceivable need to update to this version if you're already using Sigil v1.3+

**NOTE: Starting with version 0.5.0, this plugin cannot be launched when Sigil is opened via Calibre's Open With feature (or plugin of the same name) if the version of Sigil being used is less than v1.3.0. If you need that open-with-calibre functionality, make sure you're running the latest version of Sigil.**

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-19-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #120
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
DiapDealer--many thanks for the update! I just downloaded, but I'll let you know if any problems crop up.

Last edited by JustinThought; 10-19-2020 at 12:37 PM.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote