Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Any new Onyx devices worth waiting?

Hi

I am thinking to get couple of Onyx devices ( I own C67ML already). Does anyone know if there is going to be new models to be released in next 6 months?

I will go for I86ML and M96Plus I think.

Last edited by loviedovie; 10-15-2015 at 11:25 PM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-23-2018 at 01:45 AM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Onyx forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Hi

I am thinking to get couple of Onyx devices ( I own C67ML already). Does anyone know if there is going to be new models to be released in next 6 months?

I will go for I86ML and M96Plus I think.
Hi,
If you want to buy a device to read novels, I suggest to give a try to i86ML . There are also some devices with bigger screens in process, like N96 and 13.3" device (no name yet) and a second generation Onyx eink-phone with 5".
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #5
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
If you want to buy a device to read novels, I suggest to give a try to i86ML . There are also some devices with bigger screens in process, like N96 and 13.3" device (no name yet) and a second generation Onyx eink-phone with 5".
Is there any ETA on these?
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #6
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
On a similar (but not quite identical) theme, is there any prospect that O-B will release a model competitive with the Kindle Voyage, Kobo Glo HD & Nook GlowLight Plus any time soon? Otherwise they would appear to be conceding the independent/Android 6" market to Boyue (who they've already lost a major reseller to -- ArtaTech).
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #7
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
Hi Booxtor, do you you know the specifications of N96 and that 13.3" reader and the planned release dates?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #8
inmee
Banned
inmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: T68 Boox
Given how much Michael of GoodEReader has hyped the i.MX7 and now Regal 2, I'm eager to see Onyx's offers in that end, though no one can tell for sure how long will it take them to deliver a working product.

OTOH, people start to call Michael out for rumour-mongering, so maybe I should pick up a T68 Plus now...

Last edited by inmee; 11-28-2015 at 11:55 AM.
inmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Hi Booxtor, do you you know the specifications of N96 and that 13.3" reader and the planned release dates?
Booxtor has provided some interesting info on the 13.3 reader here.

I, too, am quite wondering about the specifications of the N96 though. Based on the limited info so far, it seems that N96 will have the same screen resolution as M96. I hope there will be a version with a better resolution...
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #10
inmee
Banned
inmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blue

How about the 6.8" spectrum? If a new device (with Carta screen and possible new processor) is coming out in 6-month, I may wait. Otherwise I'd like to pick up a T68 Plus (Pearl, 1GB RAM & 8GB storage) before Christmas.

The 13.3" device is also very interesting but I'll for sure pass the 1st generation based on current info.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #11
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
T68 with a Carta screen is already being sold in Russia, so it's highly likely it will be released for in other markets soon.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
T68 with a Carta screen is already being sold in Russia, so it's highly likely it will be released for in other markets soon.
Indeed. There's also a new model available in China.
http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/1...e-cleopatra-2/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:48 AM   #13
inmee
Banned

The one on Banggood is not Carta as far as I can tell. It's only the T68 Plus as mentioned above, same Pearl screen as original T68.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #14
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
Booxtor has provided some interesting info on the 13.3 reader here.

I, too, am quite wondering about the specifications of the N96 though. Based on the limited info so far, it seems that N96 will have the same screen resolution as M96. I hope there will be a version with a better resolution...
Wow, cool, thanks for the link. Looks very promising (-:

I also wish there was a higher resolution 9.7" Onyx reader which I find a very good size for taking on travels and use in general. Unfortunately I was told by Booxtor that PVI aka Eink Corp had a 2400x1650 prototype but no intention of mass producing it.

I suppose the solution is to get hi-res 13.3" for home/work use and use M96 (or i86 if you don't care about note taking) as a mobile reader. I think I could live with that.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:27 PM   #15
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Is there any reason why most items on their site is out of stock or discontinued?
Their Twitter and Facebook is gone?
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote