Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-06-2023, 04:30 AM   #1
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Any BOOX which is more durable than others?

Hi all.
My son currently use his Kindle and enjoys it a lot, but he his reading in hebrew, and the books offered in Hebrew for Kindle is small.
BOOX offers an APP that will allow him to read much more books, and I was thinking about the leaf 2, but I am very concerned about the durability.
The leaf 2 costs almost like 3 older gernerations Kindle PW and from the little I read, it's very sensitive.
Is it true? Is the black more durable than the whitre maybe, or the extra glass can break as easily?
Any other model maybe? I hate to buy such an expensive e-reader only to see it break after a while.
Thanks!
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:21 PM   #2
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
I have owned numerous Onyx Boox devices since the days when they ran Linux and I have yet to have a broken screen.

I have broken a few screens of other brands but it has always been my fault. Being careful I think you should not be afraid to buy any device available on the market.

I think the Onyx Boox Leaf 2 is an excellent device but it is very different from a Kindle. Each device has to be judged on its own characteristics. I have the white model, but I bought it for its better contrast, not for its greater durability. I think it is a very recommendable device if you are clear about what you want to get from Android.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:25 PM   #3
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Appreciate the answer, very clear and makes me more sure that I should just go ahead and get the device.
Yes, I believe I understand it's very different, and will be mainly used for one specific digital book store that is available only as an android app.
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote