Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
MaxBoox
MaxBoox began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any way to remove top bar? (boox max)

Top menu bar is blocking text in scrolling mode for an app. So any way to force fullscreen for an app including hiding default top bar that shows time and battery etc?
Thanks
MaxBoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:16 AM   #2
MaxBoox
MaxBoox began at the beginning.

Device: none
Since no one rarely seems to have the answer in this forum I will answer myself.
Follow this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...highlight=ROOT and install the towelrootv1 as attached (searched this file for ages on google, it does not exist even if you search for v1 on multiple sites) and this version is indeed thankfully v1 which is the only one that will root onyx ereaders.
After install ereader will reboot

Then install a apk from app store like normal that has the fullscreen functionality like full!screen.
Done. 100% of screen working for reading

I only installed the towelroot, not supersu or any other files so far. Don't know if I have to, atleast the reader is working like normal.
MaxBoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Cereal
Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook A10
3rd party apps should actually work just fine in fullscreen with the newest firmware. At least on the i86 they do.
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #4
WithACee
WithACee began at the beginning.

Device: Kepler Pro
Thank you MaxBoox, your method worked for my Kepler Pro. So good I'd like to purchase the Pro version but it's not in the Play Store...
WithACee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #5
Cereal
Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook A10
I don't mean to repeat myself, but it should work fine with the new firmware (it did on the i86 and the 1.8.0 changelog looks pretty much the same for all devices), which doesn't require rooting the device. It also comes with a new reader (Neo Reader 2.0) which is very responsive and fast even with large pdfs.
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
WithACee
WithACee began at the beginning.

Device: Kepler Pro
Thank you Cereal. I was hoping that would be the case for my Kepler Pro but ALAS it does not. I'm using FBReader Premium though. I like knowing my books sync to my phone/tablet.
WithACee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #7
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
It does work for the Max though (at least with all the apps I'm using)
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #8
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Someone on these forums made an app called 'QuickFullScreen' that was made for his Onyx devices.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...uickfullscreen

Has a playbook entry, along with 'Quick FullScreen Manager' It looks like it hasn't been updated in awhile, though.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote