Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #31
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Some hardware issues can be mitigated up to a point by software changes.
You're saying that the accuracy improved. But did it become 100% ? same as we're used from any other touchscreen device ?
I would say that if they never manage to make it 100% by firmware upgrades then it's a hardware issue.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
Some hardware issues can be mitigated up to a point by software changes.
You're saying that the accuracy improved. But did it become 100% ? same as we're used from any other touchscreen device ?
I would say that if they never manage to make it 100% by firmware upgrades then it's a hardware issue.
The touchscreen accuracy isn't 100% on any device I own. I'd say that it's now as good as it is on my other devices: eg, I can use the soft keyboard with virtually 100% accuracy, whereas prior to the upgrade I was getting the wrong key activated about 1 in 5 presses.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #33
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

That's very interesting. I don't know how else to explain that my device still suffers from this issue even after I've tried all the upgrades/versions.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's very interesting. I don't know how else to explain that my device still suffers from this issue even after I've tried all the upgrades/versions.
Perhaps your T68 really does have a hardware problem, in that case? Fortunately, mine appears not to have.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #35
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I had very poor touchscreen accuracy on my Lynx when it first came out, but the accuracy dramatically improved with a firmware update. That strongly suggests that it's a firmware issue, rather than hardware.
The update did not help the screen accuracy on mine so it may be a combination of software and hardware defects.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The update did not help the screen accuracy on mine so it may be a combination of software and hardware defects.
Yes, that does seem likely to be the case.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #37
dnastase
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps your T68 really does have a hardware problem, in that case? Fortunately, mine appears not to have.
Yes, it seems some device are defect free and others (more) are not ...
Old 09-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #38
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Yes, it seems some device are defect free and others (more) are not ...
Mine doesn't seem to be having any of the problems mentioned. I did have really horrible touchscreen accuracy at first, that was helped by the update. If I set the wifi to stay on all of the time, it does stay on all of the time. I let the battery go down to 8% without charging, and didn't get any reboot looping. I guess I got a defect free one?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #39
dnastase
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Mine doesn't seem to be having any of the problems mentioned. I did have really horrible touchscreen accuracy at first, that was helped by the update. If I set the wifi to stay on all of the time, it does stay on all of the time. I let the battery go down to 8% without charging, and didn't get any reboot looping. I guess I got a defect free one?

Shari
Yes, it seems like it's a defect free one. Congrats