Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
How to inverted mode Nova 2 or newer

Is it possible to "invert" colors in any Boox device? I own a Nova 2, but I'm thinking in purchase a Note 3 or similar, but before buy it I would like to know if they can be put in inverted mode.

My Nova 2 does not have any option for that, but perhaps newer ones have.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:04 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Is it possible to "invert" colors in any Boox device? I own a Nova 2, but I'm thinking in purchase a Note 3 or similar, but before buy it I would like to know if they can be put in inverted mode.

No, it does not work under Android 10 either (Note Air).
But the Likebook devices under Android 8.1 can.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
No, it does not work under Android 10 either (Note Air).
But the Likebook devices under Android 8.1 can.
Ok. Likebook then.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:31 AM   #4
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:

Do you find more confortable to read with a white font on a black background on eink as well?
Can't this be accomplished by a 3rd part software reader?

Never ever thought about it
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Do you find more confortable to read with a white font on a black background on eink as well?
Can't this be accomplished by a 3rd part software reader?

Never ever thought about it
My problem is at night. As the contrast of eink is not enough for my tyred and old eyes , I have to set light to high to read comfortably. When I read with iPad or iPhone, I set black background and white or cream font, minimum bright, and it is very comfortable to read.
Advert
Old 04-06-2021, 11:43 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My problem is at night. As the contrast of eink is not enough for my tyred and old eyes , I have to set light to high to read comfortably. When I read with iPad or iPhone, I set black background and white or cream font, minimum bright, and it is very comfortable to read.
This is what it looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alita1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	186452  
Old 04-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #7
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@rfog I use nightmode in Koreader on my Note Pro (Android 6). However, it is buggy. Best practice is to disable nightmode before leaving Koreader or suspending. Koreader starting up in nightmode can take some minutes. No idea why, haven't debugged it yet.

Last edited by Markismus; 04-06-2021 at 03:03 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:24 AM   #8
rfog
Guru

Quote:
This is what it looks like:
Mmmmm... Not much impressive... Dark is not much dark.

Thanks for your proactivity!!!
Old 04-07-2021, 04:00 AM   #9
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@rfog I use nightmode in Koreader on my Note Pro (Android 6). However, it is buggy. Best practice is to disable nightmode before leaving Koreader or suspending. Koreader starting up in nightmode can take some minutes. No idea why, haven't debugged it yet.
There is a said in Spanish: "No toco eso ni con un palo" (I don't touch it even with a stick). That is my personal experience with Koreader. Buggy, slow, very bad ergonomic design... All my experiences with Koreader have been very bad.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:06 AM   #10
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@rfog Odd. On my Note Pro the performance of Koreader is much better than system default Neoreader. However, the note feature forces me to use Neoreader, when I study. With large dictionaries s.a. The Urban Dictionary and Oxford 2nd Ed., the lookup time can take up to 15s for Neoreader, while Koreader does the same dictionaries within moments.

Of course, I don't use sticks to operate Koreader or any other software, so that might be the difference.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:23 AM   #11
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Mmmmm... Not much impressive... Dark is not much dark.
The light is set to maximum in both areas (cold, warm) - and it's only one photo!
Old 04-07-2021, 04:46 AM   #12
rfog
Guru

Quote:
The light is set to maximum in both areas (cold, warm) - and it's only one photo!
Ah, ok. Still not sure, but thanks anyway.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:49 AM   #13
rfog
Guru

Quote:
@rfog Odd. On my Note Pro the performance of Koreader is much better than system default Neoreader. However, the note feature forces me to use Neoreader, when I study. With large dictionaries s.a. The Urban Dictionary and Oxford 2nd Ed., the lookup time can take up to 15s for Neoreader, while Koreader does the same dictionaries within moments.
Anyway, it has given me a lot of problems, and I don't use dictionary too much.

Quote:
Of course, I don't use sticks to operate Koreader or any other software, so that might be the difference.
It pretended to be a joke (Idea is you see something dead at side of the street, takes a stick and touches it to see if it moves or not). Sorry, cultural stuff.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:42 AM   #14
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Quote:
There is a said in Spanish: "No toco eso ni con un palo" (I don't touch it even with a stick). That is my personal experience with Koreader. Buggy, slow, very bad ergonomic design... All my experiences with Koreader have been very bad.
That kind of was my experience too some like 4-5 years ago, in the meantime I didn't use it, and then last month I installed it on the Nova 3 (part of my trials of various Android app book readers) and I was impressed on how quick, smooth, full of features and intuitive it was. And it remained my main and only reader app on that device ... So maybe it improved a lot in the past years ...
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:11 AM   #15
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
That kind of was my experience too some like 4-5 years ago, in the meantime I didn't use it, and then last month I installed it on the Nova 3 (part of my trials of various Android app book readers) and I was impressed on how quick, smooth, full of features and intuitive it was. And it remained my main and only reader app on that device ... So maybe it improved a lot in the past years ...
I will give it a new opportunity. Thanks.