Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #121
frankz
frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
...it says :Eco leather" on the site but it doesn't feel like leather and it smells like paint thinner. Is "Eco leather" real leather or not?
In general, any word found after "Eco" doesn't mean what it normally means.
frankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #122
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Very nice. It looks to be same material as mine. Now I think of it mine had a faint smell but it's all gone now. I really like mine. I would get the same case if I ever get another 50% off coupon seeing they don't have the Eco-Flip for the Fire.
Where did you get a 50% off coupon.

And did you get your screen shield yet.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #123
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Where did you get a 50% off coupon.

And did you get your screen shield yet.

Carol
I got my coupon on my Kindle. It's a special offers Kindle. I use it to buy the Eco-Flip case for my K4. It's really nice. I don't know why they don't have one for the Fire. Maybe I will email them asking them to add it.

Yes I got my Screen Protector it's in my mailbox waiting on hubby to grab it on his way home from work. It's barely above freezing here so I hope the solution it comes with is okay.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:37 AM   #124
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Just had a chance to compare Marware and Snugg covers side by side. While Marware cover is nice, it pales in comparison to Snugg despite being 1.5X more expensive.

If I were to use a cover out of these two I'd choose Snugg. Don't know why Amazon would feature Marware on Kindle Fire page.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #125
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Ive been wanting a cover for my Fire. Its just a bit too big and still a bit slippery to hold without chancing dropping it without one. Looks like the Snugg is a winner. Off to order one...
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #126
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
The Snugg looks ideal. I'm still waiting on delivery of a cheap case I ordered from day one. If it's bad, I'll get the Snugg.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #127
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Dont think you need a screen protector as KF has Gorilla glass which is super resistant to scratches
and the screen protector will detract/lessen the gorgeous screen on the KF.
Just get a case and you are good to go

Quote:
I need a case for it but not sure yet what to get. I need a screen protector has anyone made any yet? I plan to order my Fire this weekend.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #128
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Dont think you need a screen protector as KF has Gorilla glass which is super resistant to scratches
and the screen protector will detract/lessen the gorgeous screen on the KF.
Just get a case and you are good to go
I already have a screen protector and yes I wouldn't go bare again.

1. It cuts down on the glossy reflection issue.
2. It makes it easier for smooth scrolling.
3. Much easier to keep clean.
4. Don't have to worry about scratching with cats.

I don't recommend the CrazyonDigital brand. It's what I am currently using but I have a Skinomi protector that just came in the mail that is sitting on my shelf. Now to get Hubby to install it.

I need to get a better cover. I am using a $7 one which has such a soft spine it's annoying me. I am going to get one with a hand holder. I use my Fire one handed so it be nice to have this feature.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #129
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!
yogibare143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle Fire
Caseen has a really nice looking cover.

http://www.caseen.com/caseen-SKINNY-...ire_p_106.html

Really like the way kindle snaps in.
yogibare143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #130
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibare143 View Post
Caseen has a really nice looking cover.

http://www.caseen.com/caseen-SKINNY-...ire_p_106.html

Really like the way kindle snaps in.
You can get it through Amazon here
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #131
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I'm yearning for a nicer cover than this Navitech one. It does the job, I guess, but feels so plastic-y. I'm a big fan of gorilla glass, though, so I don't plan on using a screen protector. I've used my phone with gorilla glass bare for almost 2 years now, carried it in my pocket every single day, and still haven't managed to scratch it at all. It is really amazing stuff.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #132
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
Just had a chance to compare Marware and Snugg covers side by side. While Marware cover is nice, it pales in comparison to Snugg despite being 1.5X more expensive.

If I were to use a cover out of these two I'd choose Snugg. Don't know why Amazon would feature Marware on Kindle Fire page.
Thanks for the comparison. When using the Snugg in landscape mode does the case block access to the home bar (or whatever you call it) on the Fire? I had an M-Edge case and every time I tried to bring up the bar, my finger was partly blocked by the case.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #133
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
You can get it through Amazon here
That might be just what I'm looking for. I wish there were a few reviews of it though.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #134
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!
yogibare143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
That might be just what I'm looking for. I wish there were a few reviews of it though.
I'd like to see reviews also. They just got them in stock so will be a few days before anyone gets one.
yogibare143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:39 AM   #135
salsaguy
Addict

That caseen looks nice. Too bad i had already ordered the other one. Caseen is cheaper but not prime elidgible so ends up more. I like snap ins but also want to be able to easily remove when not carrying around so i think its better to not have it too permanently in the case.
Will post review in 2 days when it arrives (the other one)

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-05-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: typeo