Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
dstone
dstone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Converting extremely large HTML files

I've been trying to convert the documentation for PHP to AZW3, but I've run into a bit of a snag. The HTML for the doc. is quite large (56Mb). I've tried using both the split file version (many HTML files) as well as the single file version. Ultimately Calibre just hangs at 67% (and I've left it running for 24 hours). I'm wondering if this is beyond what Calibre is capable of handling. I've looked through the forum, and the only thing I found about large HTML is to split them, but I've already tried that route.

The system is an I5, 6Gb memory running Win/64 10 and Calibre 3.8 64-bit.
dstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
dstone
dstone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just for grins, I installed Calibre on a Linux box. This time it ran for 90 minutes but the conversion failed. It got as far as Structure, and it looks like it failed just before going into the Processing phase. The log shows it did parse everything, and it did detect the last chapter of the CHM file. So this is farther than I got on a Windows box, but still not quite there.
dstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the conversion is running, just let it run. Pathological cases have been known to take 48 hours to convert.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote