Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #61
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by winspiration View Post
It has a scary (but quite believable) view of the potential future role of the media, with lots of humour too.
Although I did like the idea that the US Government took the Web 2.0 idea of Advertisement revenue rather than taxing.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #62
jgarrity
Enthusiast
jgarrity doesn't litterjgarrity doesn't litterjgarrity doesn't litter

Device: Adobe Reader
Thanks to winspiration for the Mars Girl comments. I'm glad you liked it.

And I wouldn't want my head wired either.
jgarrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #63
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Read it, liked it

So everybody out there who hasn't read it already and likes a fast paced scary (but oh so humorous) look into our near future......

Read it, it's free and it's really worth a read
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #64
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's on my TBR list. I'm gonna have to quit my job (and disconnect my home DSL) soon in order to get caught up on my reading!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #65
barkndog
Enthusiast
barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle DX (1st gen), iPad, Toshiba Thrive, Acer Iconia A100
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just read this book and I have to say it is fantastic. The writing style reminds me somewhat of Scalzi - quick and humorous - with a good near future story.

I've checked the link given earlier in the thread (marsgirl.us) and it is no longer functioning. I googled Jeff Garrity, there's a web site out there (jeffgarrity.com, .us) that has a "coming soon" page that hasn't been updated since 2009. Can't find anything else on Mr. Garrity - although if I could, I would read it.

Mr. Garrity, if you are still out there, I loved the book and would like to see more from you. Maybe you should list the Kindle version in the Amazon store and I'd gladly rate it 5 stars.

By the way, I found the book originally on manybooks.net. The Kindle version (.azw) there is not formatted properly, the entire text is part of the TOC (underlined with a link to the beginning). I opted instead for the .mobi version, which is Kindle compatible and its formatting is fine. If you need help with the kindle formatting, let me know I'll be happy to help.
barkndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #66
jgarrity
Enthusiast

Still alive

Thanks for the message barkndog and your good words and offer of assistance. Sorry about the site being down. I'll look into that. I have yet to put the book on Amazon but have been planning to for a while. I'm glad you liked the book. I'm at work on a second book but I'm not sure when it will be done.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #67
jgarrity
Enthusiast

Mars Girl follow-up novella at jeffgarrity.com

I've written a follow up to Mars Girl, called Barker Must Die, and it's available at my web site: jeffgarrity.com. There are also three new short stories at the site. I've also revised Mars Girl and improved it quite a bit. It's available for $2.99 at Amazon.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:10 PM   #68
jgarrity
Enthusiast

I have completely revised Mars Girl, and written a follow-up novella called Barker Must Die. A portion of Mars Girl and the entire Barker Must Die novella, plus some short stories, are available free on my web site: jeffgarrity.com

The entire Mars Girl novel is available at Amazon.