Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #61
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
KoboLauncher - new build!

Dear friends!

I've just finished one interesting thing.

Now we can start the KoboLauncher without using the Platform plugin, Kobo Tweaks, etc. All you need is just "open" the launcher "book".

Please, help me to test it.

Download link:
http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/...1.2.5_kobo.zip

Installation instruction:
http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?..._glo_mini_aura

You need to completely remove old version from your reader.
Please don't forget to backup "key" file(s) - your license key. And your data (chess bases, etc)

Also, a new game - Gomoku is added to this build!

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 05-09-2013 at 12:08 PM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #62
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
sergeyvl12,

thank you so much for your work! I am not a gamer, but I really like the launcher.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #63
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you sergeyvl12, I've just installed this version and can't find any problem with it :-) However I still prefer starting the launcher from the plugin/tweaks because it's easier to find a menu entry than a "book", especially because the launcher icon disappears from the carousel after a successful launch - as the Kobo marks the "launcher book" as "finished" after exiting the app.
The ability to start the launcher by selecting a "book" is still a nice addition for those who have the plugin/tweak installed, and a must have for those who don't want to install the plugin, so, thanks again!
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #64
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
Thank you sergeyvl12, I've just installed this version and can't find any problem with it :-) However I still prefer starting the launcher from the plugin/tweaks because it's easier to find a menu entry than a "book", especially because the launcher icon disappears from the carousel after a successful launch - as the Kobo marks the "launcher book" as "finished" after exiting the app.
The ability to start the launcher by selecting a "book" is still a nice addition for those who have the plugin/tweak installed, and a must have for those who don't want to install the plugin, so, thanks again!
Thanks, clsdclsd!

Of cause if you work with many books at the same time, this way is not the best because the "launcher book" will be "lost" among others

But as usual I read only one book at the same time and for me it's the best choice - "one tap"

Besides I wanted launcher work "out of box"

Of cause, the good idea will be add the link to Kobo Tweaks to my installation manual too.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #65
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Thanks, clsdclsd!

Of cause if you work with many books at the same time, this way is not the best because the "launcher book" will be "lost" among others

But as usual I read only one book at the same time and for me it's the best choice - "one tap"

Besides I wanted launcher work "out of box"

Of cause, the good idea will be add the link to Kobo Tweaks to my installation manual too.
Dear sergey,
first of all many thanks for this: you are priceless!

On the other hand, I also tend to keep very many books, so I very much prefer the laucher: is there a way to install your new version with the launcher?
Again, many thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #66
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Dear sergey,
first of all many thanks for this: you are priceless!

On the other hand, I also tend to keep very many books, so I very much prefer the laucher: is there a way to install your new version with the launcher?
Again, many thanks!
paola,

Do you mean "install a new version of Kobo Launcher with Kobo Tweaks" ?

I've added link to instructions to the first post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #67
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
paola,

Do you mean "install a new version of Kobo Launcher with Kobo Tweaks" ?

I've added link to instructions to the first post
yes, exactly that, I'll try it tonight: again, thanks a million!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #68
paola
Wizard

dear sergey,
I can confirm so far it is working perfectly - thanks again!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #69
mastnacek
Enthusiast
mastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Mini
Hi Sergey

Great work! Big thanks. Please, how can I make app for Kobo Mini from FBreader? Any tips or idea?
mastnacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #70
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Hi Sergey,

I just tried your Launcher to enable usbnet on my touch, but I get this in the log:
Code:
Executing:  "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh" 
insmod: can't insert '/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/arcotg_udc.ko': invalid module format
insmod: can't insert '/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/g_ether.ko': invalid module format
ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
Both g_ether and arcotg_udc are from 29th of january 2013

everything else seems to work.
how can I fix this?

Regards
Aydan
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #71
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
Hi Sergey,

I just tried your Launcher to enable usbnet on my touch, but I get this in the log:
Code:
Executing:  "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh" 
insmod: can't insert '/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/arcotg_udc.ko': invalid module format
insmod: can't insert '/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/g_ether.ko': invalid module format
ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
Both g_ether and arcotg_udc are from 29th of january 2013

everything else seems to work.
how can I fix this?

Regards
Aydan
Aydan,

I guess that you have an older Kobo Touch modex (netronix). You should use another drivers. See here (step 4):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=48
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #72
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Sergey,

I tried it with the files from 2.4.0 FW (both versions) and neither worked. I get the same messages in the log.

Regards
Aydan

PS: Is there a way to find out which version of the Touch I have?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #73
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
Sergey,

I tried it with the files from 2.4.0 FW (both versions) and neither worked. I get the same messages in the log.

Regards
Aydan

PS: Is there a way to find out which version of the Touch I have?
As far as I know, you can find it out by serial number.

Older: Nxxxxxxxxxx
New: KGxxxxxxxx
Old 04-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #74
Aydan
Connoisseur

OK, I do have an Nxxx serial number.
Looks like I have to have another try.

Regards
Aydan
Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #75
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I can't see the launcher icon on my Glo firmware 2.4.0. I must say I've installed and uninstalled the Kobo Tweaks plugin before.

EDIT: nothing, I reinstalled the Kobo Tweas, now all works

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-16-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote