Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #46
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
Oh, oh, oh! We have lift off. You are both my heroes. I think the script that you had me run may have unblocked something. Thank-you! Or I copied something wrong, or had an extra enter in the copied text from you guys, or something. I will do a step by step for the next noob who wants this. You are both awesome!

*Parties like it's 1999*
Haha. Yay!
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #47
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
How to Install the Developer.Keystore without the USBNetwork Hack
Or Why tomass is a Big Damn Hero! (and inameiname and PoP)

• Install Jailbreak. I'm going to assume you know how to do that since you're in the Developer Section.
  • Install Launchpad if you haven't already (really, so awesome, adds so much more functionality to the Kindle, not just this (which is awesome enough)).
  • Download the files from here, as posted by inameiname (orginally by tomass) and copy it to the launchpad folder on your Kindle.
  • Restart your Kindle!
  • Laugh Maniacally.

You can install a whole mess of programs now, and they will work. I have installed all the ones above, and am about to go off in search of more, which I will link here.

This process can be repeated whenever there's an update of the developer.keystore file, so you're never again going to be limited in what programs you can run.
Oh great. It sounds like my method worked. I was worried I was gonna have to go back and test it all out again. Hehe

Anyway, if you do happen to find even more kindlets apps/games, feel free to share. I actually wrote a thread with all that I have/know (similar to that list I wrote in this thread).:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162006

Also, I do not have the link for kif. Could you add that one to that list too. As that list is now on the "Comprehensive List of Kindle Hacks/Modifications", we might start seeing more being added.
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #48
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
Haha. Yay!

Thanks inameiname. You are awesome too. I still don't know what I did wrong, as I just copy and pasted, but obviously something wasn't right, probably from my end (unless tomass script did the trick, but safer to blame me). That is why I didn't want to install USBNetwork, as with my tendency to thinkI was doing the right thing I could have ended up with a brick. You guys saved me from having to risk it (it was getting close) and opened up my Kindle for me.

Really, it is an awesome thing. Super excited .
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #49
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Thanks inameiname. You are awesome too. I still don't know what I did wrong, as I just copy and pasted, but obviously something wasn't right, probably from my end (unless tomass script did the trick, but safer to blame me). That is why I didn't want to install USBNetwork, as with my tendency to thinkI was doing the right thing I could have ended up with a brick. You guys saved me from having to risk it (it was getting close) and opened up my Kindle for me.

Really, it is an awesome thing. Super excited .
Awe, no worries. I've messed up my Kindle several times before I finally figured out a thing or two. Always more to learn.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #50
mmatting
mmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
How would I do that on the Kindle Touch? Installed Launcher extension, but what to do with the scripts?
mmatting is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #51
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatting View Post
How would I do that on the Kindle Touch? Installed Launcher extension, but what to do with the scripts?
ixtab created an installer for this: http://ge.tt/3ZRY9XE/v/2

Last edited by thomass; 03-24-2012 at 05:49 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #52
mmatting
mmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheese

Oh, found the answer: Get the package combined-dev-certs-20120229.zip from http://ge.tt/3ZRY9XE and follow the usual install procedure :-)
Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #53
mmatting

Thanks, thomass :-) found it while doing the font hack...
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #54
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Ok Guys well..I installed the Jailbreak (obviously) and the Launchpad I then used the information in a previous post to install the merged developers keystore.. I put the install.sh and the configuration in the Launchpad folder and I restarted my kindle... I then.. put the kSnake_1.0.azw2 i the my documents folder and I get this message( when clicking on the file):

This Device is not registed as a test kindle to run this title. Please ask the developer to add this device to the list of Registered Test Kindles.

Any Ideas what I did wrong guy's?
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #55
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Ok Guys well..I installed the Jailbreak (obviously) and the Launchpad I then used the information in a previous post to install the merged developers keystore.. I put the install.sh and the configuration in the Launchpad folder and I restarted my kindle... I then.. put the kSnake_1.0.azw2 i the my documents folder and I get this message( when clicking on the file):

This Device is not registed as a test kindle to run this title. Please ask the developer to add this device to the list of Registered Test Kindles.

Any Ideas what I did wrong guy's?
You should install merged keystore with its launchpad keys (shift K I)

Last edited by thomass; 03-25-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #56
Conner
Enthusiast

Ok Firstly Thanks for replying. Second When I press 'shift' it brings up the search tool, So that the following keys then are the search . Will it still install if that happens? If not what can I do? Also will it tell me its installed? Or Will I just have to restart and see
Old 03-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #57
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Ok Firstly Thanks for replying. Second When I press 'shift' it brings up the search tool, So that the following keys then are the search . Will it still install if that happens? If not what can I do? Also will it tell me its installed? Or Will I just have to restart and see
Home Shift K I

press this combination with this order and one after another (...And don't look at the screen )
Old 03-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #58
Conner
Enthusiast

Ok I got that to work thanks. I will restart and see.... (Why Not look at screen It only brings up the regular Lauchpad bar saying the combo you did then 'success', at least thats what Mine did.

Edit:
DAAMMMN! It still gives me this error..... any Ideas

Last edited by Conner; 03-26-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #59
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
DAAMMMN! It still gives me this error..... any Ideas
Let's check the steps:
* download archieves from here and here
* copy keystore_install.sh, keystore.ini and developer.keystore to Kindle://launchpad folder
* press shift shift space ( and see "success" at the bottom-left ) or restart Kindle
* press shift K I ( and see "success" at the bottom-left )

* done
Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #60
Conner
Enthusiast

omg Thanks Man. I know the problem really really really noob problem.. I didnt download the developer.keystore :P I thought the install.sh was it Sorry for wasting your time Thank you Very Very Very Very Much.