Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #1141
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I've done a review of the excellent Nadir's Zenith comic books. They're a fantastic sci-fi series.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/05/...rs-zenith.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #1142
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Going to do a massive overhaul of my site and get things back in order.

I have a few books on my list that I want to do, but other than that, I'm going to start fresh...I'll keep a few reviews and interviews up that I quite enjoyed, and then go from there!

I really want to get back into reading again, and really needed this break..it was getting to be way too much!!
Yay Joe!!!!
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #1143
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Thank you Stephen!!

This may shed some light on the situation.

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/we-are-back/

With the exception of a authors that I KNOW are tried and true, I won't be doing work from "indie" authors anymore. There was so much junk that was sent I couldn't stand it, so from now on, agent or publishing company requests only is the way I'm going to keep things straight. I've accepted 5 books today, physical copies, so I've got a short list of about 10 books at the moment.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #1144
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Thank you Stephen!!
Well, you know you've still got a ROGO book coming if you want one.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #1145
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
Well, you know you've still got a ROGO book coming if you want one.
Yeah, the other Jade Darcy book is one I'm looking forward to , so I think I'll go with that.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #1146
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please remember that if you post a link to Amazon in this thread for your book, then your post will be deleted. No PM will be sent.

It is your responsibility to post to the correct 'Shameless' thread.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #1147
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
With the exception of a authors that I KNOW are tried and true, I won't be doing work from "indie" authors anymore. There was so much junk that was sent I couldn't stand it, so from now on, agent or publishing company requests only is the way I'm going to keep things straight. I've accepted 5 books today, physical copies, so I've got a short list of about 10 books at the moment.
I can sympathise. I've had a break from reviews just because the next one I write is going to be a bad one. I'm always hoping my screening process is going to protect me from that - but not this time.

I hate writing bad reviews so I drag my heels terribly. Got - to - get - it - done.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #1148
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I can sympathise. I've had a break from reviews just because the next one I write is going to be a bad one. I'm always hoping my screening process is going to protect me from that - but not this time.

I hate writing bad reviews so I drag my heels terribly. Got - to - get - it - done.
If a book is just bad, I don't have a problem with it...but if it has the potential to be great, then I do.

Thankfully, I kept ONE first time author books, and it's actually quite good. I'm about done with it. Epitaph of Jonas Barloff is what this one is called. A good YA horror novel. My only fear is that it ends in something like "and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
Old 05-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #1149
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
New (very) short piece on Mansions of the Mind:

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...-tell-you.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #1150
jhempel24
Wizard

My first review back after a month and a half hiatus is a great YA Horror novel from Calvin Dean! The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/the-e...f-calvin-dean/
Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #1151
jhempel24
Wizard

Decided to go ahead and do a short review of a freebie I found on this site!

What a ride of a short from two masters of their craft!!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...oart-m-j-rose/
Old 05-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #1152
pagemaster
pagemaster began at the beginning.

BookFreebies.com

Hi everyone,

My friend and I have built a website called BookFreebies.com where we are hoping to build a community of eBook fans, specifically through social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Our goal is to link up with as many readers as possible.

We are hoping that, in time, our website can become a platform for authors to advertise their books completely for free. Being authors ourselves, we know how difficult it is to get our books out there in front of readers. Having as large a reader base as possible will help those authors to get their work out there to the people that love reading - that's you, hopefully.

Here is the link to our website: http://bookfreebies.com

We are very interested in feedback from people as to what they might like from the site.

Thanks for your time.
pagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #1153
jhempel24
Wizard

Did a childrens book review on Saturday, and today I posted this:

A fantastic YA read that for me brought back memories of a little Hardy Boys, a little Goonies, and a little Tom and Huck! Check it out!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/a-sta...r-ben-woodard/
Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #1154
jhempel24
Wizard

Did an interview with Indie short story author and mobile read user on occasions, Derek Odom!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/tuesd...th-derek-odom/

Also....a book with letters to home from a WWII vet is surely to pull on the heart strings....right??

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/love-...karen-swanson/

Last edited by jhempel24; 05-15-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #1155
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finally broke a bit of a drought in my indie reviews. Posted today a new review for dark fantasy/horror offering: Slaves of God by Brian Rappatta.

Check out the review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...rian-rappatta/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing