Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Exclamation Jetbook Lite at Newegg for $117 with free shipping

Hello, I am new to MR! Got the eBookwise last year (as an experiment) and been looking for a better quality screen and a good deal for another reader; and now Newegg has just what I need -- just ordered 2 of these with 2x2GB SD cards and eagerly await delivery.

This deal is a shell shocker and only good until 1:00pm PST today or when they run out of stock, whichever is earlier.

Love the replaceable AA batteries and I have a stack of rechargeables and charger anyway for other devices. Anybody looking to pick up an inexpensive reader for the holidays can have a look at this!

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx

Thanks to members of MR for their sage advice and reviews. it's been great reading the fora here.

Nicky
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
File
File can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thank you for the heads up!

Had to give the ol' mom a call concerning Santa Claus. Hopefully looking for a ~1lb brightly wrapped box with a bow on top in a few days! Been browsing here for a long while, joined 2007, and have finally been able to really enter the community. 4th year of undergrad at the moment, could have come sooner, but now is a great time too.
File is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
JeePea
Enthusiast
JeePea is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
I also bought two of the Jetbook Lites. One for me and one for a gift. I've been lurking around this forum trying to decide which reader to get. I had narrowed it down to the Jetbook or the Lite. The Newegg sale price of the Lite plus the ability to use the B&N ebook store finally were just too good to pass up. I already have a bunch of rechargeable AA cells so I'm ready to go.

I did have a question about a case. Has anyone who owns a lite discovered a proper case for the Jetbook Lite? I've seen the silicone covers for the Jetbook but am not sure that they will fit the Lite because of the battery bulge. Any suggestions would be appreciated
JeePea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead, JeePea.

Glad to see you've "de-lurked!"

We have a huge library of free books that continues to grow - over 14,000 at last count, and available in a number of formats - many of which can be loaded directly in your jetBook.

WELCOME!

Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
It looks like jetBook week now
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Just ordered one for my wife, she saw mine last night, and wanted one of her own. Now I just need to get some decent rechargeable batteries for it and I'm set (wait, if it uses aaa's, then I'm good already :P).
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
This deal is a shell shocker and only good until 1:00pm PST today or when they run out of stock, whichever is earlier.
Mine is on its way!

Contrary to what they said, the sale is still on.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...jetBook%20Lite
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:04 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Adding the unit to one's Cart right now shows the higher price.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Mine is on its way!
Congrats, you finally bought SOMETHING!
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Posted in the deals forum..

Non-Lite version for $149.99 + free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-001-_-Product

I held off on the Lite special yesterday because of the batteries, but may hop on this for a Christmas gift.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Congrats, you finally bought SOMETHING!
Yeah, I've had a tough time of it recently, but I'm glad that I waited because I have a much better sense of what I want now than I had a couple of months ago.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
JeePea
Enthusiast
JeePea is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
The price for the Jetbook Lite has dropped down again on the Newegg site, this time to 129.99 from 149.99. It's some kind of sale price so it's hard to tell how long it will hold. I thought I'd pass this on in case anyone who missed the 117.99 price was still interested in getting a Jetbook Lite at discount price.
JeePea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #13
Wally
Wally began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Dont forget 10% off at newegg today: http://twitter.com/NeweggHotDeals/statuses/6751451415
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #14
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Dont forget 10% off at newegg today: http://twitter.com/NeweggHotDeals/statuses/6751451415
For your information:
  • *TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Receive 10% cash back on purchases totaling USD $200.00 or more (after discounts and excluding tax, shipping and handling) (“Offer”). Offer applies exclusively to transactions at www.newegg.com when you use PayPal as the payment method. Offer begins December 17, 2009, 6:00:01 AM PST and ends December 18, 2009, 11:59:59 PM PST or once the www.newegg.com website indicates that the 10% cash back promotion is no longer available, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Period”). To receive cash back under this Offer, you must use a U.S. PayPal account in good standing and complete a qualifying purchase of one or more products on www.newegg.com totaling USD $200.00 or more during the Promotion Period. The maximum cash back amount allowed per PayPal account is USD $50.00. The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 31, 2010. For purposes of this promotion, your order is deemed placed at the moment you complete the checkout process.

Please note: Only a limited amount of funds are available for this cash back Offer. If your order is placed after all of these funds have been allocated to other qualified orders, you will not be eligible to receive cash back - even if your order is placed during the Promotion Period.

The following transactions are excluded from this offer: PayPal Mobile transactions, gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, automatic and/or recurring payments that you have scheduled and payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account. If your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled at any time, in whole or in part, you are not eligible for the Offer. If your qualifying purchase is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

PayPal and Newegg reserve the right to cancel, suspend or modify part of this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in their sole discretion. This Offer cannot be resold, transferred or combined with any other offer. The decisions of Newegg Inc. shall be binding and final with respect to all matters relating to this Offer, including the determination of which orders are eligible to receive cash back under this Offer.

Any order subject to this Offer is also subject to all terms and conditions contained in Newegg’s standard Policy and Agreement, except to the extent of any express conflict between the terms of this Offer and the Policy and Agreement.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

My package from Newegg arrived today. That's two-day shipping for free!

Not that it matters - I'm going to treat it like a Christmas present, and wait till Christmas morning to open it up.

Tags
ectaco, jetbook, lite, newegg