Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
My Kingdom for a camel!

Two full days nicotine free. My whole body is in pain. I hate my life at this moment...it will pass though.

Anyone else quiting / trying to quit this month?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Ah, come on. Quitting's easy; I've done it loads of times
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yep, Moejoe and Verencat both started on their way to forever tobacco-free bliss just in the past few months. I'm a quitter from way back and finally finished quitting and finally stopped in mid-August, 1982. I hope you succeed, too. Frankly, I'd rather eat camel dung than smoke another Camel Light (my preferred brand in that former life).

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quitting is easy but staying the course is tough.

But if my 85 year old mum managed to quit smoking after puffing away since she was a young girl, then anyone can do it. Just takes a lot of willpower. She's been smoke-free for over a year now bless her.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hmmmm - well, good on you for trying.

Myself, I'm not a quitter and keep paying my taxes. Health system would go down the drain if we all stopped smoking. Not to speak what a National quit action would do to the GST.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Two full days nicotine free. My whole body is in pain. I hate my life at this moment...it will pass though.

First 3 days are the hardest. First month you won't feel like yourself anymore. Three months in and you'll start feeling the benefit. By six months, you'll wonder why you even smoked in the first place.

Keep hanging in there, it's doable, believe me, I used to chain smoke The only thing I miss from smoking is late night walks to far away all-night garages when I ran out.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
When my father quit smoking, he maintained that he was just fine, it was everyone else who was being crabby and unreasonable. After a few months the cloud of irritability lifted from the world.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
When my father quit smoking, he maintained that he was just fine, it was everyone else who was being crabby and unreasonable. After a few months the cloud of irritability lifted from the world.
Made same experience - the world was turning crabby. They were so nasty, they ask me to start smoking again to join their 'crabby' attitudes.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Stick with it! No one ever looks back and says, "Gee I wish I hadn't stopped smoking!"

(From a never-has-except-for-the-one-time-and-I-thought-I-was-going-to-die non-smoker who has to deal with the sequelae of smoking on a daily basis.)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Four months smoke free as of last Tuesday!
Everything tastes batter, everything smells better (me included), I breathe better and it is so extremely wonderful to not have to get out because I want to smoke, rush out of table because I'm craving for a ciggie, stress to go on break because I can't think straight for the lack of nicotine... man, you'll see, you skip out of sooooo much stress after you quit!
Hang on!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Quitting is easy but staying the course is tough.

But if my 85 year old mum managed to quit smoking after puffing away since she was a young girl, then anyone can do it. Just takes a lot of willpower. She's been smoke-free for over a year now bless her.
That's reassuring, as I'm hoping my parents will both stop, and they're younger than that (but as both have smoking related illnesses and still show no inclination of trying, I'm not holding my breath. And I keep reminding myself it's their choice)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post

I'm sure nothing can help with the horrible way you are feeling right now.

BUT.......it will be worth it. Hang in there and post daily, letting us know how you are doing,

Do you need your own thread? The "HappyTerd is quitting smoking!" thread can easily be started.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'm sure nothing can help with the horrible way you are feeling right now.

BUT.......it will be worth it. Hang in there and post daily, letting us know how you are doing,
We all agree. Too many stories around of heartache caused by those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Do you need your own thread? The "HappyTerd is quitting smoking!" thread can easily be started.........
Awww, come on, grandma! I was hoping it would be a poll, for goodness sakes. You know, something like "Should HappyTerd quit and (a) buy a camel for his back yard with the money he'll save, (b) run a half marathon this year since he'll be breathing so much better, (c) invest in some nice clothes from ShortNCuddlyAm's Boutique (she has one, right?) to impress the ladies since he won't stink any more, (d) buy VR a million donuts just because he's a great, warm, and cuddly little doggie, (d)...etc., etc.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #14
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
lol...I think this thread is good enough for updates if anyone is curious later as to if I decided to unquit. I am not an unquiter.

Thanks for the support guys.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #15
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Go for it - you can do it. Go and quit, imagine all the money you save and can spend on all those eBooks you want. Might even be enough to get the camel for the backyard .

I think people who can kick the habit have lots of guts - they are changing their lifes after all. One day, I will be one of them, just not right now.

Tags
a happy_terd production